5wks Into TAH. Feel so weepy

Posted , 7 users are following.

5wks into TAH. I feel so weepy and so tired. I am doing everything I should be doing. I feel I'm bk to week 2/3. The TAH was very different to other TAH . As I had a double womb , double ovaries . Never thought it would be this bad. Not coping very well. X

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I had a full hyster in Feb 2015, you're 5 weeks after surgery which does seem like a long time but this is a very invasive surgery, your body needs time, so does your head. I feelt better for a while then felt like i went down hill, i had a lot of pain in my bottom area.  It's a tough time right now, be good to yourself and give yourself time to recoop and heal.   It does get better.  I still had a difficult time seeing a pregnant woman, why....beats me, I have 2 kids and in my 50s, not that I wanted any more. It tough losing some of our girl parts but you will begin to feel better.  

Hugs!!!! 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Think I'm just feeling like that. The 4wk I felt absolutely great then bang.it hit me. I know I will get there .my bestfriend had a TAH 2 years ago . It's just that i am so use to be on the go It has hit me hard. X

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

I am 6 months post tah. I still get tired easily. Doctor said it takes sometime to fully recover.

You are only on your 5th weeks post op. Take it easy.

• Posted

Thanks Sue. I will listen to your advice. Just cos I had a good week (4wk). Thought I was turning a corner. But my god I wasn't. X

• Posted

I'm 9 weeks post op doing much better I clean houses and back to 3 houses a day be still dealing with swelling and worse in the evening hours!! Hang in there it will get better I was thrown into full menopause after surgery as well I'm doing a Bio-identical hormone replacement been on one week today it's working for me!

• Posted

If your ovaries were removed, that usually causes all kinds of physical, mental and emotional symptoms. HRT may help to a large degree.
  • Posted

hugs to you.  If it helps, I think most folks found that it happened between 4 and 6 weeks, you felt like you had taken major step backwards...I think it's just the body's way of keeping recovery in check and not doing too much as healing happening.  There will be ups and downs and bumps along the way.  If you expect them to happen, it eases the thought you're not doing so well.

Hormones will be all over the place too.

I had my TAH BSO plus major descarring and unglueing of all major organs, following a cancer scare and being treated under 2 week rule so everything happened majorly fast appox 10 months ago.  Now I have more complications poss requiring further surgery...But...i am seeing improvements and even started swimming again...major accomplishment, just this week.

Things will get better, honestly.  It's a long haul recovery Gillian and not everyone has these 'wonderful' quick recoveries you read about in places.

hugs to you.  hope things improving a little for you and the replies on here helping. x

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

I am also at week 5 after TAH and removal of severe adhesions which had glued my bowel and bladder and i know how you feel.

Im usually very independent and hate relying on others which frustrates me and doesnt help my emotions

I have been watching box sets to take my mind off it all but its hard, and with lack of sleep, nausea and loss of appetite its hard.

I have up and down days and am still wondering if i can try and manage without HRT or do i need this to help with these emotions.

I hope you feel better soon, its such a journey but im sure things will get better x

• Posted

Hi Zoe. I feel loads better. I must admit that I felt that i was never ever going to get there. Been back at work 3 weeks in retail . I would say that I get goosed most days but I'm coping . I have gone onto hrt not weeping anymore .I do feel better but I do have a niggle at the back of my mind saying I feel very anxious . Before I had the TAH nothing would worry me but now I do feel very anxious and I'm absolutely sure it's through having the TAH. Been about 14 weeks since having the op. X

• Posted

So glad to hear you are feeling better..

Not sure what i shall do regarding HRT as yet, want to try without for a while.

Make sure you look after yourself....

• Posted

Hi zoe

Just wondering, did you have symptoms re the bowel and bladder being glued together?

My surgeon said she thinks mine may have glued again, but pain etc is different than before my hysterectomy and adhesiology last time.  Plus I have bowel symptoms I didnt have before...She may have to go in again sad

Just wondering. Hope you dont mind me asking.

Thanks

Karen

• Posted

Hi karen,

Dont mind you asking at all.

I had constant lower back pain prior to my hysterectomy and a very slow bowel, so i had an idea my adhesions were elsewhere too.

Since the op and removal of adhesions i cant say my symptoms are any improved, but then i was told the adhesions just grow back after removal so i knew that these problems may still be ongoing.

I did find walking and pilates helped with my symptoms prior to the op

I hope you feel better soon, its a much harder journey than i ever thought and im week 6 on thursday... But im sure we will get there in the end....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.