6 days out tkr

Posted , 5 users are following.

First tkr Nov 22, first hip,tkr Nov 4, right knee tkr feb 17we really do forget the initial pain. I was told before hand this would go more roughly as they also had to move knee to ankle six inches in to straighten leg. Needed to go about ten but too drastic of a change. Have walked crooked at least 10 years. Questions though

Pain in under control but I am sleeping a whole lot. Even when I get up and sit up I can just fall asleep. I have cut the opioid as of yester#ay morning and that is helping some. I don't do alot of things myseld, don't cook, need help dressing, certainly not going anywhere, wearing my lounge pants every day. I know I have gotten a bit stronger this week but way behind last time.

Anyone have the's experiences?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I'm 4 weeks out total bilateral knees and pain is less but still there. Wakes me up sometimes at night. I am finding that I'm exhausted after I walk about a block and this is bothersome. I didn't think this would be the case. Disappointed!

• Posted

Don't be disappointed!  You are WAY ahead of so many people. . .and yours is double trouble!

• Posted

hiHi Eiziewhere did you have this bilateral Tkr  have you done that with NHS or privately 
    • Posted

I live in the USA and just made an appt with an orthopedic surgeon of my choice. A lot of preop clearance involved but everything went very smoothly. Now the hard stuff...PT, etc
    • Posted

Eizie, you are doing great! I had double knee replacements last March. I was doing well at 4 weeks out but don't think I was walking a block yet. I drove at 6 weeks. Time goes by pretty fast. I can't believe it will be a year next month. Keep up with excercises and positive attitude and you will be getting around better soon.

• Posted

Thank you Roma. My biggest problem is knee stiffness right now. Because of it my walking is different thus giving me low back pain. Did you ever experience this? My therapist says I should bend and stretch to the point of pain but I'm not good at self inflicted pain!!?? Does it get easier?

• Posted

Hi Eizie I would like to contact you to fined out if your advice to me if I go to bilateral Tkr in my knees and with the surgin that you have done .my both knees are bad this is I want to do them both .I like to have your email so we discuss in future.many thanks and I hope you will be well soon
    • Posted

Yes Eizie, it does get better. Actually my Bach hurt more before surgery because my left knee was worse than right and I was limping. After it felt better and I just had to remember to walk heel to toe completely so my knees bent and straightened properly with each step. I have lower back arthritis so it was tough trying to walk tall and straight but it helped that pain also! It takes time but it will go by quick...Good luck!
  • Posted

Have you been checked for anaemia?  I was very anaemic after the op having lost too much blood.  . . until they gave me a transfusion, I was totally out of things. . out of breath, weak, dizzy . . . . if any ot=f those symptoms ring a bell, perhaps you could ask about  anaemia, and the perhaps iron supplement or blood transfusion.  Hope this soon improves, as it's so hard to do the necessary exercises when feeling like this. . .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.