6 month post TAH pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had my TAH June 10 this year still having belly pain around my zipper area had incision hip to hip but I'm hurting straight up and down below my belly button anyone having this issue??? I feel like I shouldn't be hurting anymore ....help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Debra,

Sorry to learn you're going through this.  It can take internal stitches a long time to heal.  If you are really concerned, I suggest you go in to see your doctor.

However, the wording of your post brought something to mind.  I am wondering if you are wearing jeans and pants that are rather tight. (Not being insulting here.) I had something similar a while ago...I had a favorite pair of jeans that I loved because they fit just so.  However, one night I was taking them off and realized that I had an impression of the large button at the top on my tummy (the mark was rather red) and that when I touched it, it hurt, as if I'd bruised myself.  So, those jeans are in the back of my closet.  (Can't bear to part with them.)  This can also happen with belt buckles, too.  

Just wondering if that could be the case.  Let me know how you get on!

• Posted

HI i had same op as you and im 12weeks post op, and im still getting pain in my tummie just above my ladies bits and my belly button , i dont know why eaither but im at docs next tue , wished i new why as well
  • Posted

Hi!  

I had my I had my hysterectomy in May and am still experiencing abdominal pain, across belly button area.  Am sick and tired of constant Drs appts and no one knows what's wrong.  I had a CT scan and it showed endo on the left ovary (but I don't have a left ovary!!). Had an appt with gastro yesterday and he said he thinks it's ibs.  So still don't really know, so fed up with constant pain.  Some days it's ok, others it's unbearable.

Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

I know how u feel. 4mths + after Tah still having pains above & below incision. Corners of incision r sore with knots.My right ovary feels like it's moved & hurts. Doc says I'm healed, no complications & good til next year. I haven't gone back because I don't know what else he could do. I know they get tired of looking @ me. When they don't know what it is they call it IBS. Ten years ago doc told me I had IBS. Symptoms went away after I had fibroid removed in Aug. Know u r not alone. Feels like nobody understands. I do. One day we will b healed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.