6 months after tvta and posterior repair - exercise causing pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my op in July last year. No exercise for 6 weeks then gradually reintroduced it. Recently thought was ok to up intensity as way past 12 weeks post op. Now in pain and had swelling for 8 days. Phoned hospital who said go to GP who said was strain - examined and checked for re prolapse. Has anyone else had this happen? How long until it goes away? Any tips? Am only 39 with 2 small kids.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sometimes recovery does take longer than we anticipate but often depends on the skill and experience of the surgeon. Was your surgeon a urogynaecologist?
    • Posted

She is a highly recommended surgeon. I've been jumping on a rebounder trampoline and bringing my knees up too high and pressing down too hard as my pelvic floor has swollen up.

• Posted

I felt fine until recently and it coincides with increasing the intensity of my work outs.
    • Posted

You should never use a trampoline after prolapse surgery.
    • Posted

My prolapse was minor. I wasn't advised against using one when I mentioned it.

Anyway, how do I get this inflammation down please?

• Posted

Did you ask if you could use a trampoline? The swelling is caused because you used a trampoline!
    • Posted

Agreed there are some things we just can't do anymore. Maybe try an anti inflammatory and ice packs

• Posted

I know this now. Please advise on reducing inflammation. Ice and rest and ibuprofen are all being deployed but slow recovery. 4 days of little improvement.
    • Posted

Nothing else I can think of to add. Would be a question for your Dr maybe keep feet up for as much as possible.
    • Posted

Hi. Where abouts is your pain as I have been experiencing pain since returning to work which is aggravated when I do lots of bending forward. My pain is around pubic bone area. My consultant thinks it's inflammation to the muscles around the pubic bone. Been given antibiotics and anti inflammatories but it's not made any difference. It was Nov when I saw him and April when I had my op. I'm back next fri (13th) to see him so not sure what he'll say or do next. Not sure if out pains are same. X

• Posted

I took anti inflammatories for a month and still no improvement so 4 days is still very early days. Take it easy. X
    • Posted

Mine is generalised around where I had the surgery. I've had it mildly before when I've exercised. I hope you get answers. Mine is just a time thing I think.

• Posted

Matron you seem to know quite a bit and are respected on here. Do you think it is just a matter of time before my swelling goes down. It's stressing me out.

• Posted

I wonder what your GP meant when he said it was a strain? It sounds as though he didn't think you had another prolapse which is good news. I can understand you're worried but without actually seeing it it's difficult for me to say however if it is swelling due to you doing too much then it will settle. If it doesn't you'll need to ask to be re referred to the urogynaecologist again for her advice.

• Posted

I would hope not. If it's still there in 4 weeks or it hasn't reduced make an appointment with your GP

• Posted

4 weeks is a while in my terms. Thanks. Am doing my pelvic floor exercises, inuprofen, elevation and ice. Ice is the best which would suggest a sprain. I'm going to scale back my workouts. Lesson learned. X

• Posted

I think it started the workout before last so I jumped on it again when already inflamed. Thought it was just DOMS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.