6 months post open still have pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 6 months post op. Doctors say I should be ok by now but I am not. Can't figure out why I am still in pain when walking or standing for even short periods of time.one doctor did an ultrasound and said that there r to many stitches inside and to much scar tissue that may be the problem. Anyone else having these issues???

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hhmmmm...what type of surgery did you have?
    • Posted

Hi! I also had bone spur removed& tendon reattached ( anchored). I'm 3 mths post op. First 2 wks up walking felt really good but these past 2wks I'm having pain again. My heel is burning Bad on bottom which I never had before and at incision site on back of heel I have burning& sharp pains Shooting & a small area( where heel joins foot) has become partially numb& tingling the pain is almost as bad before surgery if I'm up for significant amt.of time. My outer ankle now hurts which never did before and when I'm up for 3-4 hrs. straight it swells and the pain is same as before surgery. I elevate & ice and do exercises to strengthen it as I was told. I am suppose to be released from Dr. Care on Dec 16th and return to work on Dec19th. I am a nurse I'm on my feet 8-12hrs.shifts. I was feeling really good but now I'm getting scared since all of a sudden its bothering me a lot again. Someone please tell me is this normal and any advice would greatly be appreciated.... I know I was told it could take a year to heal completely just didn't think I'd still have the sharp pains shooting in it. I'm worried about working. Will it ease up as I go along? (The incision up my calf is fine no calf pain at all) Thanks for listening!

• Posted

3 months for me on occasion I get heel pain. Tried bowling Saturday had some discomfort otherwise all good except it seems as though I walk like a duck doing this subconsciously. No running or jumping yet I am told all is good I do feel knot so I am guessing that's all suturing or scar tissue. Good luck hope all goes well.

• Posted

Glad you are doing well. So you are walking ok just some occasional pain? My pain is still constant I have completed my therapy. I still can't walk without pain. Standing for very long hurts even sitting sometimes if there is to much pressure on my foot hurts. I'm not sure what to think i get different answers.

• Posted

Hi Cacey, I had my surgery for achilies tendon in October 2014, it took me around 12-14 months to stop feeling little shocking pains, pains felts like someone is pricking my ankle with a little pin when i was walking or getting up. Now 2 years on i've taken part in the wolf run and doing tough mudder next May. Eventually the slight pain will go away!  

• Posted

Glad to hear u recovered well! My pain is walking standing even sitting sometimes. I have finished my therapy. It's a constant pain that I have. Feels like something is still tearing that muscle. I get different opinions from the doctors. One says they do not know and the other that actually did a ultrasound said that it's the sutures and scared tissue. There is to much and has knotted so much in the muscle that it's causing pain. At this point I'm just not sure.

• Posted

Thank you, i did get pain like that as well. Did it feel like you've slept on it funny and it was aching from that, thats how i remember the pain? 

I did get pain from my scare tissue specially when walking and streching it, which i was told it quite normal.

If your worried Cacey, i would get back into the doctors and have a chat with them. 

• Posted

Hello, Cecelia,

i am about two months behind you in my recovery. I am still having issues such as considerable weakness of the calf muscle, still some swelling in the ankle which causes some tingling and a funny numbness.  From other posts at this forum, I gather that this is within the range of common experience for many folks. I am still doing PT, and I am working hard at regaining the strength and muscle tone in my injury leg. If you google pro sports Achilles injuries you will see that even these folks struggle for 8 - 12 months; and they have access to more rehabilitation resources than most of us. I think  everyone's experience is a little different, but it seems that it is a good year before the annoying and lingering symptoms fade completely. Don't get discouraged (it is hard sometimes!), keep up with the PT, and take it one day at a time. You WILL recover!  

best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery. 

• Posted

Sorry,  cacey22203, spell checker switched the greetin to Cecelia and I didn't catch it before I posted. 

• Posted

Mine is only 3months 23 /8/2016 ..But I am trying to walk in doors every day doing 200 walking steps then doing a few more each day but I could walk with out crunchers ,I can when I am in the boot but it's hard going  as it aches at times and heel hurts I think it takes longer to heal ,, they say 3"months fair 6 months good 12 months ex good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.