6 week Blues

Posted , 7 users are following.

Bad night has led to me sitting here trying hard to not weep.... the pain in all my joints is so bad.... every muscle is screaming at me... have burning in my feet and toes... head hurts because I am getting so down.   

Think I will be off to GP and get some sleeping tablets and more strong pain killers have tried Ibufon and parcetamol for 2 days and really not hitting the pain level... 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Elaine

I hope you can get this sorted.

It seems to affect us all very different, hopefully this is only temporary for you and you will soon be feeling a lot better.

• Posted

Thank you, am just being silly.... but the constant throbbing is driving me nuts...  doesn't help that my knees are so bad so guess surgeon was right it is going to take a while as both hips and knees are bad.

Going through wish I never had it done stage.. no doubt everyone does. 

• Posted

We all have that at some point. I caught hepatitis A while in hospital after my hip was done. I ended in an isolation room on a drip for a week. The TV in the room was broken, so it was a very long rollercoaster of a week.
    • Posted

That is awful how did you cope. Although hospital I was in NO tvs... I had my laptop so I could watch the Olympics.... I would have gone insane without that. 
    • Posted

The WiFi was only good in the evenings. The rest of the time it is heavily used.

I couldn't fault the hospital in the care provided and the food was mostly very good.

But boredom is horrible in the situation I was in. For the first few days I didn't feel well enough to read either.

I'm just glad that bit is all over and I can get on building up my strength again.

• Posted

You are doing so well and a inspiration to all of hippies.... I should not complain 
    • Posted

Thank you. It will get better, just be patient, we are all different in how quickly we heal.
  • Posted

Hi elaine, sending hugs to you, you definitely need some different pain relief, dont suffer see your doctor, it will get better, love and huge hugs xxx
  • Posted

Hi Elaine

12 weeks post op and yet again a bad night too. Melissa Dreams seems to work only every other night, still I will take what I can.  Have u been doing more, do u know what is possibly triggering the pain?  Think u must get better pain killers to assist in healing process but feel lack of sleep figures no 1 on the hippy list of bad things u experience so u have to catnap wherever possible during day.  The burning is a by product of nerves sorting themselves out to.  Getting any Physio ?  With the right qualifying person it can help tremendously.  A bad night always makes things worse than they really are, just remember and read other entries to know this is normal and just part of the hole healing process.  Perhaps u might have some tendinitis too if u have been doing a lot of exercise, if so, just stop for a few days and see if pain in muscles eases a bit.  There is an end to it all, but not just now too early.  Chin up and don't let the hip get you down......

regards dot

• Posted

Thank you.... yes have done a little more but only what physio said.   

I do have shin splin which is an on going problem I suffer with having been so sporty.   so all in all my joints, tendons and ligaments are all protesting..  

I am going to phone Drs to get back on stronger pain relief... 

I have just sent a message to surgeon (my daughters friend!!) and he said that my body is telling me to slow down as I do have arthritis and rhuematoid arthritis so it is going into a inflamatory period following surgery.   As the swelling has gone down now nearly normal size I am going to feel all the aches and pains.   

I hate feeling so miserable but think it has all got so much as I have not slept in 2 nights,  I cat nap in the mornings and afternoons so guess I will just have to sleep when I can. xx

• Posted

hi elaine, 

what sweet responses --- and so true -- this hip journey ( 2 ) was/is very confrontational for me - an emotional roller coaster and many visits to pity city -

Just accept what is - accept that you feel blah, depressed, in pain and wish you never had done this ... as soon as you accept it, your body will relax - 

no need to defend your self, not even to your self - 

get stronger pain meds or anti-flammatories or maybe anti depressant ... 

all is well and you are okay ...you really are

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Well that was expected back on Tramadol.. need to rest for a few days... only do physio exercises try not to walk to much, maybe he thinks rthr has displaced a bit...  deep joy of joy.... still see consultant next week, however daughter has already spoken to him so he will be hiding his head in shame if anything amiss.  lol 
  • Posted

Hey Elaine, tomorrow will be better, just rest. The missed sleep makes the day so much more difficult. If you do a lot of exercise or walking like I did yesterday the pain comes back. I was hurting this morning like I'd damaged something, that's what really freaks me out. Took til afternoon to feel better, out walking the dog again this afternoon. You had both hips done right? That's a lot more trauma for the body to deal with. I'm at 8 weeks one hip and just beginning to feel stronger. Get some better pain meds if you can. I think ibuprofen is better except of course oxycodone if they will give it to you. What they call Percocet. Had it after first knee surgery two years ago thought it was most effective.

The sleep will come, I remember being so tired I couldn't believe I couldn't sleep! But eventually you will. Feel better soon!

• Posted

Thank you Dave, had a good nights sleep, feeling more human this morning.  

I am back on Tramadol, Naproxin, and paracetamol.   Wonder combination sends me to sleep.   

Yes both hips done which maybe is the problem people think I should be doing more because there are not many of us having the double done in one hit.  

Onwards and upwards, nice sunny day will go for a gentle walk along the seafront later

• Posted

You sound much better, feel fortunate you have gotten both hips done and don't have to go through that surgery again. What seafront is that ? I'm about 3 miles from the Pacific, SoCal. Ocean air very therapeutic, every day is a little better, treasure each one!

• Posted

hi dave, 

not really hip related --- I lived in Los Angeles for 34 years, returned to Holland June 2014 (what was I thinking?)

where do you live ?

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hi Renee, I'm in South Orange County / Laguna Hills. I'm at 8 weeks RTHR, having an easier recovery than some here. Back to work at 3 weeks, walk the dog a mile or so every day, feeling stronger daily. You always have kind words for everyone here, how are you doing?

• Posted

I am okay, just home sick -- my best friend lives in Laguna Hills !!! gorgeous ... he also had 2 THR surgeries and doing well - there is a difference in protocol though - and I believe that men just heal differently than women - he was up and about much faster than me ..Actually he lives in Laguna Woods - 

wishing you a good night with hours of interupted sleep ...

• Posted

Small world after all, right up the street, Laguna Woods. I have no idea what Holland is like. Lots of water, windmills and tulips ? Yes the sleep is getting better. Keep up with your Physical Therapy.
    • Posted

Looked it up on map, never been anywhere near there! but always nice to be near the coast. One day at a time. Hope your feeling better today
    • Posted

I am feeling alot better thank you...  Eastbourne is known as the suntrap... and it certainly has been... although I have not been able to enjoy it as much as I would have liked to..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.