6 weeks, 105 degree bend, straight leg . Signed off by physios

Posted , 11 users are following.

Just come back physios almost dancing. Pleased with progress. No longer need to go to physios anymore. Ran through party pieces of knee extensions and flexions . All going in the right direction. Wound nearly done can go swimming soon. 

Rest is up to me. Change sleeping from day to night. Get back on healthy eating. Functional exercises. Phasing back to work on Friday .get my positive mental attitude back into gear. 

Well chuffed biggrin

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Very well done, great progress.  I have all that you have and see physio tomorrow, 4weeks 5days, but i still can't walk up or down stairs normally, still do the one legged hop.  No problem with the weight bearing, but lots of pain from tendons (?) in the back of my knee. 

Have you been signed off to drive?

• Posted

I still have pain but feel a lot better . Stairs still a challenge. I don't drive 

on crutches for work for a bit hope to go swimming soon. 

Good luck. With your sessions tomorrow 

• Posted

Well done, that is excellent. Judging by you I have a long way to go. Good luck to you 
    • Posted

Everyone is different Susan. I have still got a long way to go but I'm glad I can start doing normal things while I'm getting there. Can't wait to ditch the crutches
  • Posted

So glad to hear how well you are doing that's brilliant ....I sm post op 13 months now after TKR ....had 3 manipulations and further artroscopic surgery also after TKR .......had in excess of 75 physio sessions now for them to tell me I have 'algodystrophy' you may., as did I thjnk what is that it is trauma from all the operations and my knee only bends just at a push 90 degrees so fed up about it but we'll have to move on .....Further scintigraphie in Feb and then he will see what's what I hope .....anyway its just unlucky but not unheard of.....I do hope you continue to get better take care 

• Posted

Oh my, Neise you have been through the mill. It must seem never ending. I do hope they can sort you out in the new year. It's a lot of trauma for your poor knee. Hope you are able to still get out and about. Keep strong and take dare x
    • Posted

Oh Neise my heart goes out to you. All that you have been through sounds awful.  I am 21 weeks now and have not been able to exercise for a couple of weeks due to hurting my back on the exercise bike - long and boring story!  Not sure if that is why it has been very stiff, tight and painful for the last week or so.  My bend is not too great - about 100 so just hoping I don't have to have manipulation.  You sound very accepting of everything you're been through.  I would be feeling very sorry for myself and cursing the knee to hell and back!  Keep strong and all the best for 2015 xx
    • Posted

Hi Neise how are you? I had TKR Nov 14 and a manipulation 6 months later. i cant even get 90 bend. im having a bone scan next week, but they have already told me the joint is too small.

have you managed to get another replacement yet?

• Posted

SOOBEEDOO! Well done. Another opportunity for a card eh? 

I still walk up and down stairs like a 2 year old, and I'm 14 weeks post op.

I always think that new year resolutions should start on January 2nd. I'm going back to healthy eating too. No more chocolates, well not so many until Easter.

Hey, I saw hot cross buns for sale in the supermarket yesterday!

Lots of love

Happy new year

Caz x

• Posted

Thank you Caz. 

Happy New Year to you too. I saw Easter eggs yesterday in the coop. I haven't really got many stairs in my life but I hang on to the rails and look like I'm going upstairs on a very rocky boat !,

li think 2015 is going to be a good year. Hopefully we can start putting our knees to good use. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.