6 weeks post op

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, 

Sorry for the delay in updates, been a crazy few weeks.  I am now 6 weeks and a bit post opp and all is good..now. lol

The surgery went well, despite some hiccups. I had to have 4 litres of blood and they had trouble warming me up after. I also tried to wake up too early, and they quickly resedated me. The pacemaker was removed after 4 days, as it never went off, and I was released 6 days later, with a bag full of pills.

I was fine for two weeks. Sore, slow, bored...but other than that, feeling OK, for having my chest cracked open recently and bionic parts put in. lol

But then I  started having serious issues with a A-fib. 205 BPM for 6 hours was the worst. They diagnosed me with Super Complex tachycardia and they put me on beta blockers, but that didn't stop it, and I was admitted back to hospital 3 times. The 3rd time was to the hopistal that did the surgery, and they stopped the beta blockers and started me amiodarone and that's seems to have done the trick. 

I just returned from seeing my surgeon and my study nurse (I'm in a double blind study for some patch they use with excess bleeding during surgery, that has already been approved in the US, but is awaiting approal in the UK) and they say all is well. My ECG showed perfect sinus rythym, and the little aches and pains I have are normal.

And I feel pretty good. I'm slowly building up my fitness and I start cardiac re-hab on the 19th. 

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out since I first found out about my conditon. This site and these people can be of great assistance in times of worry, as someone on here has been through what you have.

Have a great day all. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oops...just realized I posted a few weeks after surgery (was on meds then). Sorry for the repeat of any info. But there is new info here. lol
  • Posted

So glad to hear you are doing well. You have had some serious issues but you seem to be still positive. That's what's probably got you through these difficult times and what will take you into the future of better health.

i wish you all the luck in the world and hope you continue to recover and never lose sight of your goals. What you have achieved so far is nothing short of a miracle. Well done to you and your supportive family and friends.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.