6 weeks post op lots of swelling in this heat

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi to all !! Anyone having issues with swelling and what to do to get it to go down! Painful after I swell by the end of day!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Ah the infamous swelly belly, sorry not a lot you can do about it I'm afraid, it can go on for months mine lasted almost a year! though it does get better, it's always worse at the end of the day, it's all to do with your tummy protecting itself, my consultant said think of it like a sprained ankle when the tissuses fill with fluid, that is to protect the joint, the same with your tummy, it fills with fluid to cushion what has happened inside, wearing light support can help, I bought some sloggi support knickers, they helped a bit, don't be tempted to wear anything too tight though as this can make things worse.

Phoebe.

• Posted

Yes I have the same and I'm 9 maths post op I never thought of wearing those and I don't eat bread or potatoes anymore

• Posted

Oh dear poor you ,hope you don't mind me asking ,but did you have all that before operation , as I have my op in 4 weeks and I am getting all them symptoms now 

• Posted

Lisa got all this after surgery ! I have full blown menopause now along with the swelly belly issues ! I did keep my overies too so really makes no sence! But I had a TAH cut hip to hip so swelling is horrible by the end of day which causes so much pain !! My emotions are pure crazy too due to way to much to deal with at once! Wish you the best of luck with your surgery!!
  • Posted

Come to New Zealand as we in middle of winter!!! I guess really, that you might be over doing things each day?
    • Posted

Oh Robin winter would be so much easier on me right now ! It was 104 yesterday makes thing tough!!
    • Posted

Can't win aye. We are having wild wind and bouts of rain but temperatures haven't got very cold like they should. We still getting to around 16c during day & around 10c overnight.

• Posted

I was wondering the same thing Debra! I'm 8 weeks post op from TAH retaining my ovaries. I went back to work 2 weeks ago (light duties) and at the end of the day my tummy is so swollen I look about 6 months pregnant! I've had to buy the next size up in my clothes but I've only put on 5 lbs! 

• Posted

Hey Melanie I just started back to work ! I clean house by myself hard work and it only half way through the day and I'm so swelled crazy I need luck to get through this day at 96 degrees here !! Good luck girl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.