6 weeks today since my op still uncomfortable

Posted , 7 users are following.

Its 6 weeks today since i had my total hysterectomy following

Ovarian cancer. Operation was a complete success, however 2

Weeks ago ended up with a swolken sore tummy and ended up

With an infection and prescribed 2 lots of antibiotics. A day after

Finishing course ended up in hospital for a day in acute pain.

My tummy gets so sore and still swollen and i was expecting to

Feel much better by now. Is this normal, any help advice would

Be much appreciated.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I'm 8 weeks post op total hysterectomy I've been having the same problems had 2 go 2 hospital the other nite but was told it was muscular pain & overdoing things it could be the same for you but I think you should go back 2 hospital just 2 be on the safe side I hope everything goes ok 4 u

• Posted

Thank u - i was told it was posdibly musclar spasms but id never experienced pain like it. Just concerned now a week on that tummy has become sore again,
    • Posted

I'd go back to hospital again if I were u the pain is to severe 4 it 2 b muscular the worst part is they don't tell u what 2 expect but make you feel as if your lying about it u should go back or even phone your gp

• Posted

Im glad you said that because i felt like a nuisance in the hospital last Friday. You kow when something is not right. Im going through q stage of wishing id never had the op (although I didn't have the option) feel like ill never be better.x.

• Posted

Hi how u feeling now?don't mean to be nosy or disgusting but have u had anything pressure pain down below as if there's something pressing through your pubic bone?xx

• Posted

I've not felt brilliant today and have lower back ache and do have some pressure below today (as if I've been on long bike ride the first for a long time - if that makes sense) x

• Posted

Yes this is normal I had the same and the sitches pull you need to just take one day at a time it's still early days as you are only six weeks I still feel the sitches sometimes and I had mine last Nov

• Posted

Thankyou - guess like a lot of us ladies didn't realise exactly how major the op was. Is the sore tummy to touch normal at this stage? X

• Posted

Hi gill,

I am 4 months post op tah due to endometrial cancer. I still have abdominal pain/sore and lower back pain on and off. Had my first cancer review yesterday and asked my oncologist about it. According to him, it may take some time for full recovery due to severed muscles, ligaments during op.

Try acupuncture and hot water bag to relieve pain. Don't worry, your pain will ease as you progress further from your recovery. All the best and be strong for radiation session!

• Posted

Thankyou and appreciate all the support on here (I only joined last night) and it's comforting to know and hear of others. I'm terribly niaeve as thought 6 weeks on I'd be bouncing back as us mums do. Wishing you a speedy recovery and thsnkyou for replying to me x

• Posted

Wow, so glad for you that operation was a success. Was it done abdominal incision? Ovarian cancer is known as the "silent cancer" as is one of the hardest to catch in time so you're so lucky it was discovered when it was. While you had the infection, no healing would have been taking place until infection gone so it has set you back quite a way. Big wishes that you are soon getting slowly better

• Posted

Thankyou - I've been incredibly lucky as know all too well what a hard thing it is to diagnose. My mum died of the illness and whilst I wasn't flagged as a high risk I was aware of symptoms etc. Unfortunately my mum hid a lot from me and i made sure i was aware not only for my sake but that of my youngest so i wouldnt let the same happen again. Saying this I went wondering if my coil had moved causing the pain and it was only by chance after numerous gp appointments and getting myself to A&E the CA125 test was done by chance and in the words of my GP - everyone is getting fidgety now when the result came through. Needless to say I've been through a whole set of emotions as a single mum trying to protect my 2 children whilst working and keeping it all together. X

• Posted

Oh wow, super story. You stay strong as is possible and you've made it this far & CAN make it the rest of the way brave Girl. You've just got a whole lot of healing to do first. I wish you endless good wishes.

• Posted

Hi Gill glad you have come through your op ok. I had TAH with everything taken away due to uterian cancer June last yr. I was one of the lucky ones had no pain at all but I did have lots of infections due to being diabetic and overweight which affected the healing process 5 in total. Just make sure that the infection has gone and doesnt come back. Signs to look for are redness and the area feeling hot, they tend to give you the cheapest ant ibiotics that there areget a script off your dr straight away if it comes back. As for your tummy being sore and swollen, the swelling can take a long time to go down due to cutting through the muscle mine still swells from time to time and have to watch that the dog doesnt jump on me cause that still makes it sore after 12 mths. Just take each day as it comes and as you say like me you didnt have a choice so be happy that you are still here. Wish you a good recovery.......Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.