6 years of pain and ive figured it out!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had this problem for about 6 years 😯 i tryed so much untill my doctor fi ally gave me 1 last thing to try before requesting this injection... i was given 300g hydrocortisone creame 1% (hyd) in a white round rub not the one in the oil tube and also a pill called Allersoothe....

After every shower in the morning i would put a thin wipe of creame on and then do the same at night after a shower.. if you put to much on it would be uncomfretbull. I took 1 pill at around 7pm so i was tired around 9pm... i found after the 6 years with this it was staying asleep to not scratch that drove me crazy.. i would wake up at the same times every night to scratch.. the pill helped me stay asleep sin the end it worked after 2 weeks now i dont use it ... please try it because after 6 years of this pain iam cured all that way from me in new zealand smile

Staying asleep at night to not scratch was the issue. Stop that cycle!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi thanks

So you get this  Allersoothe on prescription and the hydrocortisone cream. im in the  UK? My brother suffers from this real bad.

• Posted

I just Googled up Allersooth, seems like it's an antihistamine tablet...maybe worth a try.

• Posted

yes i was prescibed both of this by my doctor.. i took 1 pill around 7pm and it helped me sleep the whole night so stopped me wakeing up to scratch.. id then wake up and shower and put a very thin layer of creame on.. if you use to much and its a hot day out it can eritate you. i also showered in the after noon and put 1 layer on before bed and repeated this process for 2 weeks and its gone i cant believe it id almost given up hope and was looking into the blue injection and to be honest didnt look like many people had hope from it.. the crame you have to make sure its the creame form and not in a tube as ointment as i found that stripped the skin and made it worse.. 

6 years on this and its worked iam still shocked now i wish i could screame it out to everyone on here.. 

i hope you can get this in UK as iam in New Zealand

• Posted

yes it works amazing it helped me stop wakeing to scratch as the itch scratch cycle is what needs to stop as it makes you a lil sleepy 2 weeks is all i did on it but the creame works to!! make sure you try it..

ive lived with this for 6 years and tryed heaps and putting these together ive had no problems.. i dont use any of it anymore if i feel a lil tingle come back i take my pill that night and apply my creame and iam fine after

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.