6cm Ovarian Cyst will this go away

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello got told almost 2 weeks ago that I have an ovarian cyst, diagnosed by ultrasound. I have had months of pain and previously treated for water infections etc, been in alot of pain recently. I have now been told I need to wait for a scan in August before I can be referred to Gynae. Is this always the case and then it's a 2 month wait to get an appointment. My stomach is huge and bloated.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam, your next scan should be an internal one so that they can see the cyst clearly, this is usual proceedure. I am currently 11 days post op and had keyhole surgery for a dermoid cyst on my left ovary, which had to be removed along with my fallopian tube. From the time of discovery to the op (on NHS) was a total of 6 months. If you have a dermoid cyst, this will not go away they just keep growing so better to be removed is what I was advised. Also, they will always tell you the longest possible time for appointments to cover themselves, mine were organised quite quickly. I really feel for you and all the discomfort that you are experiencing. Take care and best wishes. If you need to talk further just drop me a line!
    • Posted

Hi I hope you don't mind me asking but how large was your dermoid? I have a 3cm one causing no symptoms so UCH. (London) have advised watch & wait. I'm being scanned every 6 months to keep eye on growth but part of me thinks should I just get it out. It's hard to go for an operation, though, over something that causes me no pain/symptoms whatsoever.

• Posted

Hi I hope you don't mind me asking but how large was your dermoid? I have a 3cm one causing no symptoms so UCH. (London) have advised watch & wait. I'm being scanned every 6 months to keep eye on growth but part of me thinks should I just get it out. It's hard to go for an operation, though, over something that causes me no pain/symptoms whatsoever.
    • Posted

Hello how long ago were you told about your cyst then. This is what's frustrating with mine as been told by sonographer that mine won't go on its own so not sure why I still have to wait to be referred. See what your saying? 
  • Posted

Thank you Deborah- I hope that you are recovering well from your op. I have had the internal scan on 22nd June and have next U/S on 4th August. I'm not sure on the cyst type it's not been mentioned at all, can they tell from u/s? One GP said they could refer now and the other one I saw last night to get CA 125 results (is that correct) said referral would get rejected as I haven't had 2 scans yet. Following a visit to a and e I have been given co deine to take but no good if your driving/working etc. My trip to A and E was week before first ultrasound so they were checking for ectopic/ appendicitis. It's so hard isn't it feeling bloated and in pain. Did you ever consider private consultation ? So they removed ovary and Fallopian tube? Have you suffered with this before? I haven't im 31 with 2 children 2 and 4. 

Thank you for your reply and best wishes for recovery 

• Posted

Hey Sam hope  Your well,  I'm 14 weeks post op. Had my right ovary removed as I had a 10cm dermoid cyst which had teeth growing quite rapidly rolleyes don't worry too much they said for my operation I would have to wait 4-6 weeks but I was literally waiting a week ! So hang in the my lovely xx I understand your pain though because of the excruciating pain ! 

Stacey xxx

• Posted

Thank you Stacey at what point are you told cyst type then? How awful for you. Xx
    • Posted

Could passing blood in water be linked in too? X
    • Posted

Hey sorry for the late reply ... I got rushed in by ambulance kept in over night and then they scanned me in the morning... I had a CT scan and an ultrasound which is where the found the dermoid cyst... The sonographer told me there and then that I had some bumps that contained teeth and maybe hair folicles (rank I know) I was in a lot of pain and I'm still having some odd pains now...

it it could be yes so make sure you mention the blood in your wee when you see the doctor next xxxx

• Posted

Thanks Stacey been doctors twice about blood in urine, have ultrasound of kidneys tomorrow now. Says not connected to cyst in any way. I don't know makes you really fed up 😔
    • Posted

Keep pushing for results because if you give up on yourself you could get poorly ! Give me an update tomorrow on how it goes !!! I know how you feel it does make you feel fed up, I'm here if you ever need a chat xxx
  • Posted

Hello had a scan of kidneys today which was clear and they checked cyst also and it's gone. Not sure what has been causing all the pain now then? Really strange. X
    • Posted

I would keep an eye on it Sam if I was you because you know your body better than anyone so don't let them tell you different! If it comes to it go to a&e that's how I got sorted I had to go twice in one day but I got my cyst  seen too...! Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.