7 1/2 weeks recovery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wanted to share...

I've managed a little swim today only 10 lenghts of 25m pool but I feel so good, swam at my normal pace which is fast( I couldn't slow myself down as I swim about 5km a week before op) so i stopped  as soon as i could feel my back aching. I feel amazing and well on the road to recovery. 

get better soon everyone x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

What op did you have hun. I'm 2 wks anterior. Got the feeling something is in there lol,did you have that. Its sdo annktingy when you walk😘
    • Posted

I meant its annoying when I walk lol.x
    • Posted

Prosterior repair and rectal plication .

It felt like it took ages before i stopped limping and walking like a duck, probably about 3-4 weeks, even now if I have a bad day I limp a little. 

Its still really early on in your recovery W.G. so just keep taking it easy x

• Posted

Yes but there isn't when pulling pelvic floor up, matron says it's everything healing. Xx
  • Posted

That great Beetlebugmik,

I ve been now 3 times, I have been fine as long as I get a lift in car, but last time I had to walk the 15/20 min from bus stop too pool and back to bus stop. Found it just too much.

Also keep slipping back into breastfeeding stroke, which I am trying to avoid just now.

On the plus can feel my upper abs around ribs and stomach pulling in and my lower pelvic floor at front pulling in.

Front repair fells great can sneeze, cough, and no leaks or pain it's great.

Just a little worried about back repair, everything working great back and back to normal, only a problem when I walk for too long or too fast and it feels like a trampoline in there right on pelvic floor think it's the bit between back and middle, the 'perineum', it's feels really weak and aching.

Not sure what's going on as only had a little prolapse of wall before, a pouch leaning inwards, while not sore was causing real problems emptying and wiping clean.

The 'perineum' was actually all right before so hoping it's just a bit week due to op.

Phyl x☺☺☺

• Posted

Sorry meant 'breast stroke'
    • Posted

Hi Phyllis, 

Rectocele repair takes longer to recover from so if you've had both done im sure its just taking time to recover, your a couple of weeks on from me i think. sometimes i can feel mine when I've done too much but all ok again after putting feet up and resting hope this is the same for you.

I can really feel under my abs and front of tummy pulling in after the swim too, hopefully I'll be back to pre op shape in a couple of weeks and it will help a little with the swelling.

take care x

• Posted

Yes, your probably right, I'm most lightly in too big a hurry, it does sort itself if I rest up for a day.

Back to work in 17 days, doing the countdown now, and a bit panicky worried about being on feet too long or sitting too long.

I'm sure the front repair will be fine, just really worried that I'm still unable to do too much before the back repair start to sag.

But then 2 weeks can make a big difference.

Hope to get another 6/8 swimming sessions in. First two sessions done 9/10 Lents and done 12 on third visit, so getting there.

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Phyl,

2 weeks will see a big improvement, especially with all the swimming your strengthening those core muscles, remember to do your pelvic floor exercises too. Lol. 

I have 4 more weeks off after this week, surgeon signed me off for 12 weeks as soon as he'd finished op as he knows my job is physical and demanding, I've been very lucky. Just hope I keep healing as I am then I'll be ready, can't wait to get back. 

keep up that good work and rest too xx

• Posted

Definitely, doing PF exercises 3/4 times a day. Really need to up them to 6 times a day, it's managing to fit them in can't do them immediately after eating as I get acid reflux so have to try remember to do before meals.

Keep posting to let us all know how you are getting on.

It's good to hear of more positive outcomes too.

X☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.