7.5cm simple cyst

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed in December and have been going through hell ever since. Started vomiting 6 weeks after the operation and have persistent nausea now. The vomiting has eased off but still have the nausea and some heartburn. I was only told after my gallbladder operation that I had a small ovarian cyst which was actually discovered on an ultrasound last October when they found the gallstone. I have been in and out of hospital with the sickness and saw a gynaecologist who did an ultrasound and Mri in March which showed the cyst was 7.5cm and he also told me that a fibroid showed up on my scan last October. I asked him could the cyst be making me sick and he said no. He was going to remove it but because I've had previous surgery and had open surgery for the gallbladder he said I was too high risk and he would scan me again in 2 months. I'm now thinking that all the symptoms I've had all along have been down to the cyst and fibroid and not the gallstone. I also have breast tenderness all the time. My period is very light and only lasting 2 days. After my last period I had a lot of pain in the ovary and saw my gp 2 days ago and she did an internal and said she couldn't feel anything and that the cyst may have dissolved. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a cyst dissolve and if so what symptoms did they have if any when it was dissolving. I've crampy period like pain this morning and not due period for 2 weeks. Could the cyst have been causing all theses symptoms all along and also feeling tearful a lot too. Thanks x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I completely understand. I had my galbladder removed last Feb and have ongoing problems ever since. Heartburn and nausea is a killer. I went back to my GP numerous times and had numerous ultrasounds which showed no retained stones etc....after dissolving into tears one day at my GP's they referred me to a gastrointestinal consultant who arranged an MRI and low and behold a 13cm ovarian cyst on one side and a slightly smaller on the other. I am waiting surgery to remove cysts and a full abdominal hysterectomy. I am so glad I get going back. You know your own body and know when things aren't right. I do believe that all my original symptoms weren't my galbladder but the cyst. I know the galbladder needed removing but I think because they found gallstones they assumed they had found the problem and stopped looking.

I hope you get some answers soon.

No magic answers just wanted you to know you wasn't alone.

Take care

X

• Posted

Oh Julie thank you so much for your post. They removed my gallbladder due to 1 large stone and my gallbladder wasn't even inflamed. I've been so sick ever since. I'm so angry I wasn't told about the cyst and fibroid last October. Have you had diarrhea too? By the way gallstones and gallbladder Problems are all linked to hormone imbalance in women and high oestrogen levels! Unfortunately found all this out after the operation which I definitely would not have had done had I known all this. Were you told that your nausea was due to the gallbladder removal? I was left in a hospital bed for 3 weeks with doctors telling me they didn't know what was wrong and why I was vomiting and had the nausea. I even saw a pyschiatrist who told me there was nothing wrong with me and I was being treated appallingly and needed answers. One nurse did tell me she thought the cyst was causing the problem. I eventually saw the top gi doc here in Ireland who told me it was due to my gallbladder removal and was a very rare side effect!! But my gp said she thought the cyst was definitely part of the problem! To be honest Julie there are so many people having there gallbladder removed unnecessarily it's frightening. Wishing you the best of luck with your operation. I hope you feel better soon. Xx
    • Posted

Had ovaries removed 6 weeks ago because of cysts, and yes i was sick with mine when i had a flare up so dont let them fob you off
    • Posted

Thank you Brenda. Did you have headaches dizzyness and breast tenderness as well? Unfortunately I've lost my gallbladder unnecessarily because of this and how many others have too. X
    • Posted

Had my gallbladder out years ago which was a godsend as I suffered for years, I didn't get tenderness in my breast but used to get really sweaty and nauseous which was horrible,I hope you get it sorted soon as it is not nice.It used to put me in bed and on a few occasions had to have doc out for pain relief as couldn't even drive to the surgery
    • Posted

Thanks Brenda. Did you have gallstones too? Have you had any side effects from the gallbladder? Thanks so much. X
    • Posted

Yes but it was about 8yrs ago now, never had any problems,had keyhole surgery and was fine
    • Posted

Hi.

I know my gallbladder did need to come out as there were loads of stones I just feel frustrated that it took so long to discover cysts. I have had very loose stools since removal of galbladder which was part of the reason they referred me to a gastrointestinal consultant.

I have been getting a lot of breast tenderness and have been tearful. My emotions are a over the place. The heartburn is a killer.

I know cysts can cause and give endless Symptoms. I guess they must put pressure on other organs and move things a bit. I feel glad I finally got to the bottom of it. I have had so many bloods, scans and MRI's so feel they have been thorough but have had quite a lot of conflicting advice. The surgeon I have seen has been very upfront. I have bad endometriosis too with horrific periods so he said let's get everything out now. I am only 40 so am scared at the thought of the menopause and HRT etc but I know it needs to be done. Just need to get my iron levels up so they can operate safely.

I can't remember the last time I felt "well" so I really hope this is the solution . Maybe it is. They do say life begins at 40!!!!!

What's the next step for you now?

Julie x

• Posted

Hi Julie am so sorry you have to go through all this at 40! Your too young to be dealing with all this. Did you have pain with the gallstones and was your gallbladder inflamed? I only found out the end of October and the pain started 2 weeks later and had the operation a month later. I had full open surgery As I had a lot of scar tissue from my previous surgery. I had my bowel removed 22 years ago due to ulcerative colitis. Had a bag for 2 years and have an internal pouch the last 29 years. The difficulty for me is that the pouch is behind the womb and the gynaecologist said he could damage the bowel and it was too risky to remove the cyst. It was 7.5cm in March so it could be bigger now. My gp did an internal the other day and said she couldn't feel the cyst and she thinks it may hav dissolved. I've to have an ultrasound soon to check. I've had a lot of pain in that ovary since my period 2 weeks ago so maybe it's dissolving?? The gynaecologist said 50% of cysts do. The nausea I've had has been horrendous like morning sickness and Like you am very tearful all the time the last few months which is totally out of character. I told my gp I totally regretted the operation and she said it was better to have it done now than be very ill with an inflamed liver or pancreas. I hope she's right. I'm 43 and feel like I'm 73 the last few months. Have you headaches with the cyst too? I'm getting hormone headaches on and off. I hope your not waiting too long for your operation and you feel better afterwards. Take care xx
    • Posted

I am an emotional wreck guys.. hormones all over the place.. tender breasts and bleeding most of the time xxx so totalling feel all your pains ladies xxx the doctors just fob us off all the time and I never know wether my gallbladder is doing this or my cyst xxx hope everyone gets sorted xx
    • Posted

my goodness hun .... you really have been through the wars xxx I really hope u get better soon xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.