7 days post op from Rectocele repair

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm now on day 7 and have been prescribed antibiotics for infection, had a really bad day today and not been feeling well at all. I know this it tmi but I actually plucked up the courage to feel down there and I have a lump at the opening of my bits has anyone else experienced this as I'm concerned it's not supposed to be there.

Thankyou xxx

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

There's been a lot of discussion over the last few days about the lump. It is perfectly normal, it's swelling from the surgery.
    • Posted

Thankyou so much I haven't been on for a few days due to feeling to poorly hopefully on the mend now xx
    • Posted

Hope you are Mrsg85. Just look at the posts from the last few days. Unfortunately some ladies have been looking, something I don't recommend and they got a bit of a shock x
    • Posted

Hi I never looked was always to scared..I had my surgery 22nd Dec still not back to my normal self..I never imagined this long for recovery..😳😞
    • Posted

It can take a long time. I wish consultants would explain this prior to surgery.
    • Posted

I wasn't told anything 😳 No leaflets or info on what not to do etc..if it wasn't for you I would have been a pickle sometimes..😘😘
    • Posted

I have been guilty of looking & will not do that again. I was told that i would "feel unfit" for a while after the op but for someone who's never had any surgery feeling unwell for more than 2 days in a while. Your advise I've been reading has been priceless. Thank you x
  • Posted

Hi Mrsg,

It's probably just swelling where your stitches are. Try not to worry too much, as long as you take it easy and rest for first weeks you should be fine.

It's normally to have large lumpy swelling .

Phyl xx

• Posted

I too developed an infection about 5 days post anterior prolapse surgery. Started feeling better after 2 days.

I made sure I had a couple serves of Greek yoghurt whilst on antibiotics as I was taking a combination of 2 which initially wrecked havock with my tummy.

Hope you are feeling better soon xxx

• Posted

Hello. I am 8 days post anterior posterior repair. I had a really rough start to my recovery. Very sore from the begining. After being discharged and still very sore requiring me to take the strong narcotics regularly i called the drs rooms and he asked me to come in. He tried to have a look and just the lightest touch to that area had me screaming in agony. He put me on keflex (that was day 4 post op). By day 6 i felt like a new woman. No longer needing anything but some paracetamol or an anti inflamatory every now and again, and although not brilliant i can now sit on my bottom on a soft surface like the couch. Trust your instinct. If you feel something is amiss contact ur dr. As for a lump, are you talking about your perineum (the bit between your vagina & anus?) I was cut there and have sutures as part of the repair, and it does indeed feel sore and lumpy.
  • Posted

Hi, I am 16 days A&P and yes when stood up I have a lump and matron is correct it is the swelling feels very lumpy indeed on the back wall, there was a lady on the forum and I carnt member her name and she said as the stitches come out over time it smothers out.

i get were your coming from about sitting down the stiches at the bottom are very prickly and when sitting can be awfull.

i have been full of wind what about you is that affecting you under ribs hips and back?

hope this helps, it is good to see other people's posts and share exsperiance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.