7 week check up

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my second hip done 7 weeks today,recovery has been a bit slower and still on one crutch and need some more physio.The good thing is my restrictions are lifted and the surgeon has told told me to get out and enjoy my life now and I can now drive.Hopefully going out to do some shopping tomorrow and start getting my life back. To anyone awaiting surgery go for it,its no picnic but hopefully you will be pain free!

6 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Great news Jill, and I hope you enjoy your shopping tomorrow! It's a great feeling when you can drive again. Wishing you all the best.

• Posted

Hi Jill , good to know you're doing well and restrictions are lifted , I also am 7 weeks THR tomorrow and don't seem to be doing as well as I did when I had rthr I still need 1 crutch and have a lot of buttock pain mainly when weight baring but slight ache when sitting , I go to physio tomorrow so will ask for advice , keep up the good work !

Best Wishes Angie

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Angie. It seems that a lot of people on the forum have said that their 2nd hip doesn't always go so smoothly as the first. Hope you steadily improve.

• Posted

I am the same still have one crutch and limping but go to physio on Thursday but the consultant didn't seem concerned he said you will just find you don't need the crutch in a few weeks. He also said the second hip will always be weaker.I. Also we need to learn to walk again after limping for the last few years. Good luck tomorrow let me know how you get on x

• Posted

Great news Jill ,enjoy your shoping. All the best

Hug Madla💗

PS my secon hip need to be done ,hopefully soon . I have an

appointment 16 of March. My first was done 5 months ago.

Madla

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.