7 week post-op check up!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi everyone, I've been for my first appointment with the consultant today & he's really, really pleased with my progress & doesn't want to see me for another year! I'm cleared to cycle (yay) & to sleep on my side (another yay) & I even managed to tie my own shoelaces up this morning!

I can't believe how quickly the last 7 weeks has flown by. For all of you that are waiting post-op, I can honestly say its the best decision I've ever made. X

6 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Fabulous Fernlady!!!!

That is great progress and encouragement for many just starting their THR journey.

Don't look back.

xox

L

• Posted

Wowzerz!! That's awesome!! How was your first 2/3 weeks if you don't mind me asking?

• Posted

Hi Linda, to be honest, I was expecting the worst & it never happened. I had an achey leg but no pain. I was walking on 1 crutch around the house after a couple of days & walking up & down the road after the first week. The worst pain I had was constipation! TED socks were annoying as they kept wrinkling. I had swelling after week 2 which lasted a couple of weeks. My recovery has been absolutely amazing. I was told at my pre-op that 70% of recovery is positive mental attitude & I was determined from that day on that that's how I would think & it certainly worked x

• Posted

We may need to rename you - as THR Poster Girl!

Good job.

L

• Posted

Wow!! You are awesome! I'm not doing so good! I'm 10 days in and am in quite a bit of pain when walking. I'm using a walker. My left shoulder is starting to hurt when I walk!! ????

• Posted

My Physio told me that you put too much weight on your hands when walking with crutches which is why I swapped to trekking poles x
    • Posted

I've been extremely lucky Linda but I have done exactly what I was told & done my exercises up to 5 times a day plus walking x

• Posted

Yes you are! So happy for you!! I can do the exercises ok, need help with leg lifts & side slides, but weight bearing is my problem. I'm beginning to get discouraged about it. ????

• Posted

Wow that's great, happy for you. I take it your walking without any aids or?. I only had my op 4 days ago I still have a bit of pain from the op but nothing like the pain I had before!

• Posted

Hi Megan, I ditched the crutches after the first week & got some trekking poles, they are so much better. I don't use anything around the house/garden but take my poles if I'm out walking my dog. Hope your recovery is as good as mine x

• Posted

Hi there ,

Aww really that's great well done, how long did it take you to put full weight on your op side?. So far it's been good

Thanks

Megan x

• Posted

I was weight bearing on day 2 when they got me out of bed in the hospital x
    • Posted

That's good, I just got to went to bed there and I find it a lot easier than the days before.

Thanks

Megan x

• Posted

Well done you.  This is excellent news.  You must be so pleased with the results - and yourself of course.
    • Posted

Thanks Chloe, how are you? Have you been given the all clear yet? X
    • Posted

Hi Fernlady - unfortunately I don't see the surgeon until 10th August but I have every expectation of being signed off then.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.