7 weeks in !!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have been on 75mg XR for 7 weeks and 30 days on 150mg XR. I have been feeling a bit better but this last few days been very tearful and had dizzy foggy head. I m on 45mg of mirtazapine and think that is not helping as feel so hungover in the morning. Don t want to go up on the ven I would rather reduce the mirt.

Is 30 days on 150mg to soon to know ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

My instinct is to say you need to give more time. You don't say when you started the Mirtazapine or if that has been increased. I was on both and didn't have your symptoms. I'm reducing mone now after many years. Speak to your GP. If he's no help ask to see a psychiatrist. Also have you tried or considered trying CBT? It helped me a lot.

• Posted

I have been on mirtazapine for over a year 8 months at 45mg. I feel dreadful every morning have done since on it. It may just be too high with the ven. I am very worried about tapering on the mirt. I am keen to do cbt but waiting lists. It is very harx to overcome the anxiety when I start each day feeling so hungover and get tension headaches and dizzy spells.

What dose of mirt were you on ?

• Posted

Hi. I agree with Catherine as it is early days although probably doesn't feel that way to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.