7years old keloid suggest removal solution

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, when I was 14 years old I got a pimple on my left shoulder which later developed into a keloid. It became 5times the size of an usual pimple so I was taken to a doctor and he injected the area with cortisone 40ml injection. With three sittings in three months I was left with a big depth in that area and I could see my bone which was covered by certain layers of transparent skin ( I don't know that much biology excuse me if I am wrong). Doctor said treatment is done.But by the time I reached 17 it spread and covered half my palm size area. At the age of 20 I was again taken to another doctor who injected me with 10ml cortisone everytime for 6 sittings. But no change was observed. So I went to another doctor who injected me with 40ml cortisone and still no reduction. It is only growing but slowly.I have tried applying tea tree oil, contractubex and silicone sheet. Nothing helped. Infact more and more keloids are coming up in my chest, back and pubic region. I am thinking of going for cryotherapy but I have very low threshold of pain. I am female and 21 now. Kindly suggest me an effective treatment as I have lost all hope. Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have come to this forum for soluitons to this same problem. i have keloids on my bust and it is heading towards my under arm pit. It is unbarable now and when it reaches under my armpit I do not know what i will do. I joined this forum hoping someone will give me hope but it does not appear to be well studied in this country. My Keloids have separated and each piece is extremely itchy. Being on my bust does not help as i always have to go off and scratch it , constantly. I have had all the creams/ointments and steroid oitments now burn so i will not take injections. I had the tapes which also did nothing except itch more when i removed them to put new tape on. I see no hope and am constantly depressed. I have missed work on some days as the itching is excrutiating on some days. i no longer go to the gym as jumping up and down makes it worse on that area and consequently have put on weight as i comfort eat. i want to dig a hole an dbury myself. I was hoping to find help here or advice. My doctors do not take me seriously and last time i disucssed it i was told nothing can be done and too late for an operation and sent home to suffer in silence. I am just totally fed up. I am sorry I have no useful tips for you. If anyone reads this and can suggest anything - i too will be greatful.
  • Posted

Made the 20 year old keloid scar on my chest DISAPPEAR! then after lot of reserach i got dermalmd scar serum and I almost gave up on this serum. I used if for the 90 days specified and it seemed that the scar had grown *more* visible; it seemed higher and more prominent, and the light seemed to shine through it. I wasn't sure if this was because I was focusing on it, so was just noticing it more. I actually contacted the company and told them what I observed. They were very nice and offered to refund my money, but encourage me to keep using it on the scar. I did so for 2 to 3 weeks more, and then one day the whole scar just collapsed, as if it had been an empty shell. I worried that I might have a flat scar in its place, but the whole thing is GONE! It's like it was never there. I've started using it on a couple of other, more recent, regular scars and I can see a difference in a week. Dermalmd scar serum is GREAT!

• Posted

That was really helpful but could you pls share a picture of the serum please... too many products show up for the name yu have mentioned... thanks a lot 😊

• Posted

Hi Daniel I just want to find out how big was your keloid and did it ever came back?I have a chest keloid and it's so itchy iv tried all sorts of things but no avail please send me the picture of your serum so I can give it a try.Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.