8 WEEKS POST LUMBER DISCECTOMY.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 8 weeks post lumber discectomy for huge herniated disc at L5S1. Preoperatively, I was having severe lower back pain with parasthesia in my left foot. 2 weeks post op, all my parasthesia stopped. I was only having lower back pain. At 6 weeks post op, I started having tingling sensation and burning pain in my left foot which seems to be getting worse day by day . i reported to my neurosugeon who ordered another MRI . I did the MRI 2 days ago and the radiologist reported an enhanced soft tissue density surrounding the S1 nerve root which according to her favours epidural fibrosis more than RECCURENT disc. I am yet to see my neurosurgeon next week. Any advice on how to go about this problem.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sylvester 74555,

Pls don't get that check out as soon as possible, it's a nerve in your back that's like touching it's cut and zapping out, I have so many problems now because my dr would not listen to me, Fnally the new dr did a ganglionectomy when I had the fusion he did it got rid of the burning sensation but couldn't get the nerves to work, so now I have drop foot and nerve damage in my left leg. Just because one dr wouldn't listen to me so now I'm screwed for life 20 now cause one dr wouldn't listen to me...so pls pls get that checked out...

Pls keep us updated

Cynthia ( Cindy)

• Posted

Quick update: I saw my neurosurgeon. he confirmed that it is epidural fibrosis, that I should continue physical therapy to prevent the tethering of the nerves. I have been doing the physical therapy with no improvement on symptoms instead the tingling and electric shock is worsening, now involving the right leg, foot and buttocks. it is driving me crazy. I have started gabapentine , now 300mg three times daily with no obvious effect on the parasthesia. I am at a loss now. any idea on the way to go about this annoying symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.