8 year old daughter constant boils

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello can anyone on this forum suggest remedies to help my daughter. She has had numerous boils over the last 2 years. 

, always in the groin area. They have been awful lately and she just finished 2weeks of antibiotics and they are now very fierce. One in the crease of her leg is under the skin approx 4 inches x 2 inches. 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear your daughter is going through this. Especially at such a young age. It started for me at the age of 14.

Speaking as someone who has been on numerous antibiotics and seen no improvements, I believe strongly that there is a better way to put this disease into remission than damaging your body with antibiotics. Plus antibiotics stop working in your system after some time so it is never really a permanent solution.

I have heard so many people swear by a diet change. The book I mentioned above explains a lot of the medical jargon in an easy way to read it. It explains what HS is and the steps you can take to naturally treat it.

Hopefully this helps.

• Posted

Hi Jayne,

i have also also been affected in this way.  I have been using a Nutribullet blender to make smoothies which originally I did to lose a few pounds, but I've been adding chia seeds and hemp seeds to th smoothie.  Having tried loads of remedies, both pharmaceutical and natural, I was amazed and thirilled when after a month of doing this every day, I've seen an amazing improvement.  Note, it hasn't gone completely but apparently chia seeds are quite beneficial for anti flammatory properties which has improved the swelling and tunnelling under the skin in my groin, and I've had much less leaking.  It's improved my condition by a good 80 per cent. And it's the only thing I have changed about what I would / do normally eat.  You need to drink the smoothie with the seeds added - I use spinach, banana, mixed berries, half an apple, a few chunks of pineapple and top up with water before adding a good tablespoon of chia seed, shelled hemp seed.  It takes great, and I am sure the chia seed particularly is responsible.  I have one or two of those a day, with a snack here or there throughout the day and a regular meal in th evening.  I have been doing it for more than a month now, religiously every day and it has really helped.  I hope your daughter will try th chia seed if nothing else, as I am sure it will make a difference to her.  You can get chia seeds from Amazon, or any good health food shop.

good luck

• Posted

Thank you I've got a Nutribullet I'll give it a go, I'll try the seeds too, are they something I could sprinkle on porridge ?
    • Posted

yes, you can pretty much sprinkle them on anything - they don't taste of anything much, but they add a pleasant crunch.  If you soak them in liquid, they go a bit like frogspawn - sort of gel like. But in a smoothie you wouldn't even know they are in it.  The key is to do it every single day for at least a month.  I did this and it went away - well almost - and then I stopped and it came back again, but since I have been doing it everyday again for about six weeks now, it has improved again.  My case is fairly mild in clinical terms but I have had it for years and have only been affected in th groin.  My friend who's the nutritionist says she thinks it's because of all the omega 3s in th chia and hemp which are apparently very good for th endocrine system and as you probably know by now, HS is a disease of this system. I really hope it works for your little girl - let me know in around a month's time!
    • Posted

I will, thank you so much. I don't think the antibiotics are doing her any good .
  • Posted

Hi there - I sympathise with you both. I started having these boils mainly on my bottom when I was an infant. I am fifty nine now so using polticies which they did then will not be so good i think. i was not really diagnosed properly till i was in my thirties and the only thing that has given me any longer term relief has been homeopathy.. I saw a homeopath for quite a time so did not self prescribe. hope this helps good luck Jen
  • Posted

Hi I had re-occurant boils on my face for the last four years which I brought under control with a version of the pill. I was subseqently diagnosed with HS in my arm pits. I have been avoiding the nighshades and use curcumin (tumeric) when needed and I have brought the HS under control. However, recently I couldn't be bothered renewing my script for the pill and a facial boil started to form within a number of days, I hit it with curcumin three times a day and it stopped the boil froming further and all i ended with was a pin head sized hole. Whether or not your daughters boils are HS, curcumin appears to work on both versions for me. Curcumin is safe for pedatric use.
  • Posted

Hey Jayne sorry to hear you daughter has this I have had this for almost to years it's a terrible disease as you know I couldn't imagine my daughters getting this but I was interested to know if anything worked for your daughter I have it on my groin I'm currently recovering from surgery tgat was completed on one side I've recently diagnosed with this and I'm really starting to believe it's my diet please let me know if anything works for you and good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.