9 Months after Laparotomy - How did you all feel?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Okay, so its been over 9 months since I had a Laparotomy for undiagnosed Cancer. Cancer all gone so all is good.

How did you all feel in the months and year after. I was starting to get better around Feburary, got on fine over the following few months, even went back to Gym.

But over last few weeks, and more the last few days I have been feeling defeated. I feel like I am still recovering. Cannot walk as far as I did before the surgery, cant even sit on the floor to play with my friends kid without aching and feeling off. Not been to the gym since Easter and every week I think.......right I feel like I can.........I am sick or get an injury.

Not sure if this is because of my recovery or something else.

Been physically sick for a least 2 days over last few months, for no reason at all. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Make an appointment with your Dr. (Even the surgeon), explain all you went through, etc. How great you felt and how you're feeling now. Definately do this and I wish you the best. Keep us posted and I pray for a great outcome for you.

• Posted

P.S. Doesn't matter how long ago you had this surgery either. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Hun

I remember your posts a month after I had been in for a laparotomy .

So sorry to hear that you are really struggling.

Have they referred you for another scan in a few months? (A year post op )

I will be going in a few months for another scan .

I have been ok since , I have a few twinges now and again on the side they removed my cyst and ovary and PMT is a night mare since but that is nothing in comparison to how you are.

Get yourself back in with the dr or ring the gynaecologist you were under last year , you have been through a massive op and trauma it's so important - please let me know how you get on ?!?

Love Hannah

• Posted

Hi Catrina, just want to give you some moral support. I am also recovering slowly, have some mobility issues, but I jut swam a mile and am determined to get my strength back

I keep going by telling myselfim way better than I was two months ago, I am cancer free, and I'm here for a reason, for my daughter, and because I am terribly lucky. I am dealing with my limitations by cultivating acceptance, yet doing everything I can to get physically stronger. Build on what you can do and by all means go see your doctor and rule put any medical issues. All the best. Rest and be patient with yourself.

• Posted

Catrina,

I hope you have already seen your Dr. Your steady progress over 9 months is excellent but the sudden dramatic setback needs immediate investigation. You might just be anemic or it could be something more serious. Do not dismiss this. This has been going on since Easter or longer.

This is not a minor lack of energy. Please listen to your body screaming for help. Make a chronological list/journal of your symptoms. Whether, minor or major you know the earlier the better.

Hopefully, minor and easily remedied.

Rest, take care of youself. Best of luck and let us know what you learn.

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your condition and hope it gets checked. i am 6 weeks post lap and back to work next week. went shopping at the mall for the first  time today since surgery and felt very exhausted after just about 30 minutes in there. eventhough i wasnt doing any lifting as i shopped with my mom still i felt very tired and just wanted to go home and sleep.  i guess like what virginias said its a journey and every one heals differently. i hope i can regain my energy to work again since my commute is also long. will see how it goes...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.