9 weeks and still battling. Any reassurance would be appreciated.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just finished week 9 on 20 mg Citalopram. I can't say I have noticed a huge improvement other than slightly lower anxiety. I do not want to increase dose,but am curious to kmow how long it took for everyone else for this persistent grey cloud to lift. I am still feeling the low mood, lack of enthusiasm for much and fatigue. MY appetite has also taken a dive. Following my doctor's advice and sticking to 20mg for at least 12 weeks and longer if necessary. Please tell me if it took this long for any of you to get back on your feet. Thank you. Lee.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lee...

Stick with it...what you are going through is all normal. I have just finished week 12 and only now thinking things are actually going to be okay 😊

I still have the anxiety under lying but its much more managable now 😊

Keep going and stay with 20 for abother good few months. As it can take months to finallt feel better x x

• Posted

Yommymommy, thats what I need to hear. You are a darling! Feeling needy at the moment, mostly for encouragement to carry on. I feel awful when I read that people feel great at 6 weeks, and then I wonder what the hell is wrong with me! THANK YOU. I never thought I would be posting on a web site, but here I am. Lets start week 10 smile
    • Posted

No worries at all Lee...we will all get there 😊 x x
    • Posted

I feel like such a twit. I have posted again today about my anxiety. Starnge burning sensation I get when I am asleep. Feeling really low that this has come back. Sigh. 
    • Posted

Please dont be so hard on yourself...the tough days are tough and if you need reassurance this is the best place for it...post as much as you need to...no point suffeeing in silence x x x
    • Posted

Thank you Yommymommy. You are such a darling! Thank you for understanding. It all feels horrible and unsettling. I feel like a lousy mother and wife at the moment, but just had a long chat to my husband who says I am wearing it well, so I guess I let my crazy anxiety out here. Lee x
    • Posted

You are so welcome x

I felt the same as you...my hubby works away and he left today for 3 weeks so as you can probably imagine that my anxiety is spiking...but I have decided to try not to let it get the better of me and try to stop over thinking everything and just enjoy my time of having the house to myself and my boys...

I maybe the one looking for reassuring in a few days 😊😊😊 x x

• Posted

Funny thing that, my husband leaves on Tuesday, but only for 2 nights. I don't like it when he is away, but make the most of a tidier house and slacking off with cooking big meals. Lets not forget the early nights. Will have my two boys with me too, so I am going to relax as much as possible. Good luck with your 3 weeks, and will reassure you as best I can if you need it wink Lee x
    • Posted

Thank you 😊

What ages are your boys?? Mine are 10 and 7. X

• Posted

Hi Lee, it is a very gradual process and each day makes slight improvements on the previous one. Try to stick with it, I know it's hard and we all just want to be normal again but it will come. Good luck
    • Posted

Thank you. I was hoping for a miraculous recovery. Seems I just have to sit it out like everyone else. It does seem to take an awfully long time when you're living through it though. I am going to pop some champaign when I feel normal wink
    • Posted

Hi lee

It's normal everyone is different Lee .

Like yourself I never thought for 1 min io would be posting on a website for reassurance ... But here I am lol.

This is a great site and its ppl who understand and been where you are now themselves.

Just keep the champers chilled I'm sure you will need it soon.

Chin up Lee.

Debi x

• Posted

Thanks Debi, how long have you been on Citalopram? I hope you feel a whole lot better. Perhaps it is taking it's own sweet time to work as I took it many years ago for a year. I was not very compliant then, but sticking to the program this time around. Cheers to the Champers...I just can't wait to want to party and have some fun. Keeping it chilled x Lee
    • Posted

Hi Lee

I'm on my 4 th week but a long way to go yet x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.