9 weeks post hysterectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ladies..this is my first time ever in a discussion but i was reading some of the posts and thank god im not alone. Ive had everything removed including ovaries and on hormone therapy. My problem is my belly is still so swollen that i look 4 months pregnant and now i jusy found out that i have a small hole in tbe vaginal cuff. Has anyone ever heard of that?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Cheryl,

Some times a stitch does come out.  I popped a stitch about 3 weeks after my surgery, bled a bit and went to the ER.  What did your doctor say?  Does your doctor propose to do anything?

• Posted

Yes he prescribed antibiotics for the third time and a cream but my insurance wont pay for the cream. Im always bugging my dr and now i feel like a nuesence but i feel like something is wrong. I got bleeding and swelling in my belly
    • Posted

I suggest that you get a probiotic, if you don't already take one.  A probiotic that contains bacteria that work in your bladder, vagina and gut.  Make sure that what you take is properly coated, so the cultures survive their trip through your stomach. 

Not having estrogen, and taking repeat courses of antibiotics both affect the balance of bacteria in all these areas, meaning that you can get an overgrowth of not-so-beneficial bacteria.  This can lead to reoccurring infections and diarreha. Is the cream he prescribed for you a hormone cream?

Is your belly swelling because your stitches are inflamed, or for some other reason? Are you bleeding from your vagina?

• Posted

Yes bleeding from my vagina but it seems to just be spotting now. The cream is called estrace to put up the vagina but ins won't pay for it. No im not on any pro biotic but that sounds like a good idea. The swelling has to be from my surgery cuz i never had a belly before. But the swelling seemed to got worse after that hole opened up in the vaginal cuff. My dr isnt listening to me..he says im still not healed but 9 weeks i would think my belly would not be hard any more

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.