A great read

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ladies. A very good friend of mine sent me his uncle's book about menopause. He is a very reputed gynaecologist in Paris and his book has been translated in many languages. It tell women in details what to expect for the next 30 yrs after becoming perimenopausal.

I though I'd share it with you all and shed a glimmer of hope in this journey of night sweats, hot flashes/flushes, uncontrollable tears, fears, anxiety, weight gain, pains and strains, etc...

It called:

THE MENOPAUSE and it is written by Doctor Jean Pierre Naccache.

Hope it will help.

Xxx

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

May I reiterate the book has not been translated as far as I checked. I was told it was. It is in French so if any of you ladies speak French I would advise to read it. Reading it and it is really interesting how the Doctor explains things.
  • Posted

Perhaps it's time I brushed-up on my French!biggrin

• Posted

Might I add that he writes it in a simple way to be sure all women understand as there is a lot of medical terminology but he clarifies it all and uses metaphors.
  • Posted

is it a French book
    • Posted

Yes darling. I looked to see if it has been translated but doesn't seem to have been.

I am reading it and the good thing about it is that Dr Naccache is very precise and thorough through it all as he explains things coherently and sympathises with our pains.

I will do some more research but in the meantime anything interesting I will

Post here and it will make it easier for me to answer the questions we ask here. It is very enlightening. What dr Naccache does it try to make us understand menopause and how to deal with it and be able to live well our next 30'years from the onset of perimenopause. Please feel free to ask any question. I shall hopefully be seeing him once I get my results from My biopsy due on 2/9. He is a highly intelligent man and very seeked by women in France. Also he has online consultations. Just google him. Jean Pierre Naccache.

• Posted

Hi. Any tips on vaginal dryness. Don't want to take HRT even the vaginal cream

• Posted

I haven't got to that part yet but as soon as I do will let u know.

I use lubricant sometimes when things don't really work accordingly.

Sometimes I wonder why we women have to go through so much and men just sail through they get andropause but it is nothing like what we women have to go through. I just woke up and my hair is soaked. Men have it too easy!

• Posted

Ok. Got there. Will translate what doc says:

As any ski, 2 factors will intervene regarding the vulva and the vagina.

- natural aging which is normal

- a lack of hormones due to menopause.

These 2 factors are linked and it is difficult to know if one compromises the other. But if one suffers of vulva and vaginal atrophy due to menopause the effects of menopause upon these organs will not be the same.

The vagina is very sensitive and will suffer due to the lack of estrogen and vulva is much more sensitive to the effects of male hormones than those of estrogens. One of the symptoms of of the menopause is vulva itchiness which can be followed by complications, hence must be treated.

Please note that itching of the vulva in menopausal women can hide a lesion that can lead to cancer (usually benign and, in most cases, only the mere manifestation of estrogen deficiency) should be consulted.

• Posted

Continuing: post menopausal women will feel a reduction of the flora that protects the mucous from certain bacterias. Due to the lack of estrogen the vagina becomes pale, fragile and more prone to infections, thrush, even bleeding. Hence the way of dealing with this will be with local treatment.

Menopause will alter the vulva as well. The large and small lips will become thinner, less salient and can even lose pigmentation. It will become dry. It an be a slow process.

This can be treated with a hormone therapy substitute which will conserve the vulva and vagina. Products such as gels can help a woman live better and healthier.

Treatments:

Colpotrophine

Physiogyne

Trophicreme

Trophigyl

Gydrelle

• Posted

Karen would you be interested in trying natural over the counter progesterone cream USP approved? You don't put it on your girly parts. It completely helped me with dryness down there.

• Posted

That's sad Karen. Progesterone is not the one that leads to cancer. It's too much estrogen. Progesterone protects you from the effects of too much estrogen. People over here in the US confuse Progestin and Natural Progesterone cream. They are both different. I'm using the natural cream because I feel that I'm estrogen dominant. It has helped a lot.

• Posted

Colleen, I used to worry too until I researched it. If anything, it's the estrogen that is causing cancer. There's too much of it even in our environment. I know women who have been using USP natural progesterone cream without parabens for the past 15 years. They are doing great!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.