A mini update to my previous post.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Found here: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/anxiety-suddenly-got-worse-about-3-weeks-ago--532356

So I've had my MRI and I'm waiting for my neurologist to look it over and tell me what he thinks. In the mean time I found a general practice doctor who (side note: he's an incredibly kind, sincere doctor who took what I had to say seriously and I felt so much better knowing someone was actually listening to me) now has all of my medical records and tests from the past few months.

Anyway, we discussed my anxiety and my migraines and he suggested that I try something for my anxiety, which I had been thinking of anyway. I've been prescribed Venlafaxine at 37.5mg. Tonight is my first night taking it and I have a follow up appointment with him to see how I'm adjusting and if we need to up the dose. If anyone has taken this please let me know how/if it worked for you.

We also came to the conclusion that my anxiety and migraines are likely feeding off each other so hopefully once the anxiousness is under control the migraines back off (I've had 3 this week so far 😒 Totally not fun and I'm sick of the Alice In Wonderland syndrome too).

So there it is. I'm making small strides to take my life back and I'm feeling pretty good about it right now.

P.s. Wish me luck with the new medication please. Part of me is still nervous about it as I've never tried any anxiety medication in my life.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you are on the right medication (I just looked it up).

I'm no Dr. but it is good to see that your Dr. is prescribing medication (mostly benzos) for anxiety and benzo's cause depression and are really addicting.

Sounds like you want to get better and if you want something, work toward it and continue to do the right thing....things automatically get better.

• Posted

I do want to get better and you're absolutely right, working towards it will make everything better. I'm still a little nervous about the medication but I have to try.

• Posted

i also get nervous about medication.

But, you have to try it....if it makes you sick...you won't die...you will just be sick and have to try another way. 

• Posted

I actually developed full blown serotonin syndrome off this stuff last night and my doctor is out till Monday. So I'm not sure what to do besides not take another pill. It was incredibly scary.

• Posted

Were you throwing up and stuff?  I had a serotonin reaction a couple months ago...vomiting, sweating, shaking...you CAN DIE from that.

I would NOT take any more medication until I was seen by a Dr.

• Posted

I was nauseous and sweating and shaking and couldn't sleep. I'm not taking another one till I can see my doctor Monday. It's definitely scary. And I know you can die I called the on call doctor last night about my symptoms and she wasn't very helpful so. There's that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.