A slight change in attitude....

Posted , 7 users are following.

You will all, I'm sure, remember my desolate post saying that Jim is getting to the end - but not immediately - and I was finding it hard to cope.

We had previously discussed paracentesis (having all the fluid drained from his abdomen) and once I discovered that he wouldn't have to stay overnight in hospital, he immediately asked me to arrange it. He's so terribly uncomfortable - it's not the slim man I married, except his arms and legs.

I thought you'd be glad that he has a least made a decision to have comfort treatment, if nothing else.

Thanks again for all your kind messages - I actually had the post removed because I couldn't read them without crying, desperately. And I was an idiot and figured the only way to calm myself down was to take all my diazepam - four days' worth.

So I did a dumb thing and ordered some online.

But I'm not doing that so often, at all.

Love to you all from Tess x

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for the update Tess.  I hope things go well, you are a very brave lady.

Pat xxx

• Posted

I'm pleased he's having the ascites drained and hope he feels more comfortable after this. My heart goes out to you. Hugs and prayers.

• Posted

Before this crashes im going to say that's great news tess xx

• Posted

Hi Tess. Last night I gave up as my posts kept disappearing.

Anyway I am so glad J is taking your advice. Small steps and all that. Tread carefully, as I know you are doing and never give up on trying to help him see sense. If my parents, sister and close friend had given up trying to help me, I certainly be dead now.

Well done you xx

• Posted

Try your Spam folder - that's where all my notifications ended up.

And thanks for the mesage, Paper.

• Posted

Maybe after he has the paracentesis...

I keep on seeing stories from people that were on liver transplant waiting lists due to alcohol, then they dried up and largely turned it around. 

Arrgh! I keep on hoping... just tell me to stfu. 

• Posted

i can't tell you that, because I don't know what it means!!!

Oh, hang on - just figured it out lol.

Please don't stfu. You're a lifeline!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.