A years worth of lightheadedness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good evening,

I'm hoping to find some common ground with someone out there, please tell me someone has had similar symptoms and found an end to this. I've been lightheaded for over a year now along with my veins in my hands going blue on occasion, I also feel mildly sick a lot of the time and also have some pain recently in my back and arm which is very short in duration.

I'm terrified and have been for a year that a heart attack is looming or its something else serious but I had an ecg and they said it was fine. Two nurses in the past have commented on my blood being thick. I don't seem to be able to get a dr to test anything and am currently in the process of moving drs. Do you think that if these symptoms were leading up to a big heart attack it would have happened by now? Or am I waiting for a nightmare while the Dr ignores my requests for tests?

Thanks all

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't know about a heart attack but I've been told by my oncologist that I have thick blood. Red cells are to big. Not enough room to carry oxygen throughout the body. He says it a bone marrow problem. I haven't consented to a bone marrow biopsy though.

• Posted

Thank you, my dr said on my full blood count it didn't come back with anything to worry about in terms of its thickness, perhaps I have just latched onto that because I'm so depeatery trying to find an explanation!

• Posted

I agree. My blood test all turned out fine. Except when the oncologist tested it. Told him other docs never told me that. He said he looks for other things that normal test dont. Found it about 3 yrs ago. Most recently he said nothing has changed but it hasn't effected me I don't think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.