Abdominal cramps in lower right

Posted , 5 users are following.

One night I ate a lot of fruit. Woke up the next morning with a cramp like pain in lower right of abdomen. Had a loose stool that morning too. Got through the day and went to sleep. Next day its a bit better. I'm still passing gas. Not sure whats wrong with my bowels. Any info is appreciated thanks.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Do you remember what fruit you ate? And have you pooed since you ate a lot of fruit?
    • Posted

I had a banana, an orange a pear and an apple before going to sleep. I then woke up and had a loose stool.
    • Posted

No, but I've eaten a lot of fruit before and was fine. I've just woken up this morning and it seems a bit better than yesterday.I've not got any bloating. Why, could this be an allergy?

• Posted

Too much fibre can cause cramp for it is not digested quick enough. Passing gas is the symptoms of fibre is still in your small colon. Stop eating any fibre for a day or two and see how it goes. All the best.
  • Posted

There is one saying my mum always noted:

never eat too many (raw) fruits in the evening/night, especially not on their own (without carbs/fat) on an empty stomach and go to bed.

True enough, I had once some yummy peaches (more than one) on a night train ride and the pain in abdomen got really bad when I made myself confi for some sleep. This stuff starts to ferment since it is lying around. Bowel might work during sleep, but it sure is slower than usual and that is a little brewery in your belly. I ate then some plain crackers on top of it and that helped symptoms.

Of course if the peel (of apple and pear) was contaminated with something, you can pick up a bug, too. If you are intolerant to some fructose and crossed your personal limit for intake, can be, too.

But in general many raw fruits (especially on an empty stomach and without other food/carbs) are a don't before bedtime.

As good as a bunch of fruits are usually (if not intolerant or other probs) but rather in the morning or lunchtime. 

• Posted

Thanks for the help. Its getting better by the day. And I will definitely not be eating a load of fruit before sleeping again.
    • Posted

biggrin 

getting better by the day! That's great to hear.

• Posted

Good advice especially top up with cracker. Thanks for sharing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.