Abdominal pain constant

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I m a female 39 years old. I have chronic constipation N I have abdominal pain constant even after passing the stools. I m suffering from this from last 8 years. Been on PPI for long time but no or temporary relief. My abdominal scan shows only excessive gases, all else is normal. So far I have done 5 endoscopies done. Latest one shows mild gastritis N h pilory infection. I had my fundoplication surgery done 5 months ago. But still I m fed up with this abdominal pain. Can anyone help me.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly are you in the uk?i was wondering do you symptoms and stomach pains worsen after you've had a bm?im ibs c daily constant pain worse after a bm

• Posted

I had the surgeries several years ago but I'm thinking maybe another cyst of some ahhesions

• Posted

I m from India N my symptoms remain same I mean the abdominal pain is constant after bowel movement. I have this functional thing. I mean sometimes it's a daily basis thing N sometimes I m normal with PPIs

• Posted

Maybe your surgery disturbed something and triggered IBS.  Have you asked your doctor again.
    • Posted

Hi, I did ask so many docs if I have ibs. Few say it cud b ibs. Few says it's not ibs. I m confused.

• Posted

Is a very confusing illness many people's symptoms are very different

• Posted

Keep pushing your doctor for a definitive diagnosis. It took me three and a half months and eight doctor visits to get diagnosed with IBS.  Ask for tests and keep a food diary to check for food intolerances.
    • Posted

Oh ok. What tests are there to decide if one is suffering from ibs? Are u sure it cud b ibs for me? I know symptoms are similar to ibs but no doc can tell me for sure.
    • Posted

Doctors usually rule out other causes first that have similar symptoms.  Have you had a fecal calprotectin test, colonoscopy, celiac test? If all your tests are negative, IBS can be diagnosed.  Have you asked about whether it could  be your gastritis flaring up?

I would recommend going back to your doctor to find out for sure what is wrong.  I am not medically trained so I can only give you suggestions that you can discuss with your doctor.

• Posted

Thanks for your concern. I had colonoscopy done n it came negative. Currently docs says that since endoscopy proved that I have h pylori detected it is causing me gastritis. I m taking h pylori kit as treatment.
  • Posted

Have you looked into your diet, sometimes that can cause IBS.

If you are suffering pain could be caused by your Gasritis and constipation, did your GP not prescribe any form of Laxative for you to take ? 

You need to discuss your condition once more with your Doctor, especially if you have operations

BOB

BOB

• Posted

Yes doc has prescribed me laxatives but even after the bowel movement my stomach pain continues which should actually stop after bowel movement rt? No doc for sure can tell me what's wrong with me

• Posted

There may be some upset after your constipation, if it is still a problem after a further week discuss the pain you are suffering from.

If you have had only one bowel movement and you have returned to constipation, take a further laxitive, no more than three days in a row I understand

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.