Ablation 2 days ago

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello all

Had my Ablation on tuesday after 4 cancelations not feeling good today 

my heart like a jumpping bean palpitations every few secs and pain when i breath just wanted to  know from those who have had ablation how did you feel after,, really hate the palps as before the ablation i  had none as i double my medication flecainide to 100ml twice a day soon after my palps and Afib stopped,, ive not been in Afib but countless pals now and got a huge bruise on my groin and neck 

really hopping things settle ??

cheers

steven

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

i hope so coach :-) feeling like poo at the moment am taking it easy feet up relaxing 
  • Posted

Hi Steven I have had two ablations for PAF, you symptoms sound normal, chest pain is normal for a few days you may also have bouts of AF for the first month or so but should settle in time, I had skipped beats also for three or four months, thease became less frequent as time went on, remember your heart has had a hideing from the procedure it will be swolen and iritated for some time give it three or four months, if the ablation was sucessfull and you have no other heart issues theres a good chance it will settle.

All the best.

• Posted

You will be great in no time Champion forward thinkers win !!!

Yesterday is the past tomorrow's future is brightest at the dawn you are blessed my friend

• Posted

thank you Pat yes your right my heart as had a good hiding lol smile and feels it i do get little breathless to when moving about and am putting that down to abaltion too been drinking bottles of water and palps seem to be getting less :-)
  • Posted

Remember your heart hasn't worked correctly in some time we may have forgotten what "normal" is.wink

• Posted

Steven the best of british to you pal.time heals hope yours as worked spot on good luck through pain comes pleasure ie get rid of af
  • Posted

Hello Steven I haver never been on this site before but just want to reassure you that your symptoms are normal after the ablation. It took me 3 months until my heart settled down. Please don't worry as this is perfectly normal and I think it will settle down soon. X                               
  • Posted

Hi Steven

Good of you to share your experiences - it's just a pity that the Doctors don't seem to want to discuss the symptoms and treatment of AF both before and after ablation. Everyone's different - in my case they couldn't be sure in my EP what to ablate so they didn't and I'm just on meds. However, make sure your GP has had a letter from the Consultant so that they're aware of your meds etc and maybe get the practice nurse to monitor your heart rate & bp to establish your new baseline, and then you can monitor it yourself to give you peace of mind or seek advice.

Take care and best wishes 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.