Ablation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Is an ablation scary? What happens afterward? Do you hava to take tests before? 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dear Betty, I has my first cryogenic ablation two weeks ago at 51 years old. I was scared before hand, but everything went fine and thank goodness two weeks on I feel no side effects from the procedure. I would say however take a few days off afterwards to get back to complete strength and normality.
  • Posted

What is cryogenic ablation? Are there different kinds.? How do you know you really need it?
  • Posted

Hi Betty. I had a cryo ablation in december. Took me 3 weeks to recover. It was about 80% successful and im going back in early June for a further short procedure to aim to sort me fully. The consultant decided which process would be best suited to me. You should have a full range of tests beforehand which might include things such as a 24 or 48hr or 7day monitor, probably an echo or mri scan or similar tests to confirm your diagnosis. If ablation has been recommended, you need to discuss all of the pros and cons with your consultant so that you fully understand the risks etc. I was awake but sedated during the procedure and walking around a few hours after. Home next morning, but had i lived closer, could have gone home that evening. I was told to go easy, and rest for 7 days after, no driving for 3 days, then go from there. Ive been much much better than pre-procedure, but need that tweak. Im aged 52 btw.
    • Posted

Hi Congo,

I'm 42 years I have Praxismal Afib since 10 years now my consultant recommended me to do cryoablation asap so that I booked for that on 23 may of this month in Hamburg by Prof. Kuck.

Can you tell me in which hospital you did it and by who Dr..? Thanks

• Posted

I live in the U.S. I guess consultant means dr. over there. Why now after ten years? I must have had it for about seven. I have no symptoms but I know I have it as shown on the monitor. Do you know the percentage of afib you have for a week?
    • Posted

Afib it comes and goes ... and mentained by 2 tablets daily of Multaq 400
    • Posted

Why is 10 years ..My Dr told me to change My Lifestyle When I changed Afib didn't come..And when I break the lifestyle Afib will come..

I suggest if you have no symptoms don't do ablation , try by changing your lifestyle first..

• Posted

In this case ok you can think about it but you have to do more tests ... Afib when it's comes to me it will not stop only in emergency and sometimes after 12 hours...
    • Posted

Lifestyle ..like change it to what? What was it before? Do you mean exercise? What?
    • Posted

I mean don't drink alcohol, no smoking, no caffeine , Healthy food , no stress , treat sleep opnea if you have, walk 30 minutes daily, don't do hard exercise, don't do high worm shower, humidity weather will cause afib... for me if I drink big shot of lemon juice afib will come but not strongly ...... treat the Overactive or less active thyroid...
    • Posted

lemon juice..will try that...just wondering if this condition can kill you...
    • Posted

Heart is very sensitive .. possible that allergic to anything in your life .. possible to record what you did before a palpitation to find out the reason .. is probably a reason from the type of food or drink .. type of movies or TV programs ..

• Posted

Thought it must involve many tests..monitor...where you on a blood thinner..someone wrote had to go on warfarin as reversible..
    • Posted

Have you had a diagnosis yet? And yes, im on thinners, but not warfarin. I take rivaroxaban, and yes, it is one of the "no antidote" type. I couldnt be doing with inr tests every couple of days!! My bruises if i knock are a bit bigger but thats all so far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.