Abnormal Period

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 22 years old, and usually have pretty regular cycle between 28-32 days. Anyway I started 12 days ago and my period Completely stopped after day 4. I thought this was strange and yesterday I started again and I've been bleeding more heavily than ever before, it just won't stop. Is this normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think you can only wait and see what happens next month.

I started with very heavy/weird periods in my late 20's.

This can be normal for some people....how were your Mothers periods?  Sometimes our cycles will mimic a relatives.

• Posted

Mine continued to be really heavy for years...eventually around 40...I started getting periods every 2 weeks and VERY heavy...I ended up having a procedure to freeze my uterine wall...no periods since.

But, at your age...they won't do that...because they expect that you may want to have children.

They may put you on a birth control pill to regulate your periods...and I know when I was on BC...my periods were regular and lighter.

But because I smoke cigs..the older I got...they wanted to STOP the pill...very high risk for stroke if you smoke cigs (the older you get).

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Like you said I'm just gonna wait until my next few periods to see if it goes back to normal, and if they don't I'll visit the doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.