Abscess in armpit

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have abscess under arm pit it was drained ow that it closed up over night fluid is back they want me to see plastic surgeon why

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Because a plastic surgeon is the only type of surgeon who can remove the glands completely so you don't get any more abscesses in that area. I've had it done. But I had all glands removed from both arms and skin grafts. No abscess ever since, and I was having them drained at least 1 per week.

• Posted

Thank you I am just scared to be put to sleep if I don't have it done could it be dangerous

• Posted

Before you put yourself through this, please, please try a tumeric supplement! Get a good supplement with added black pepper (pepper aids in absorption). So many people, including myself have found darn near complete relief from this terrible disease. Best of luck to you!
    • Posted

Thank you have you had abscess under your armpit And if so is that what you used thank you for responding back to me
    • Posted

I had 3 major abscess in the groin area and 1 underarm abscess. After 4 days of the tumeric they were gone! Now I only use it when I have a flare-up. It'll usually knock it out in a day or two

• Posted

Hello Lady, I was just curious if this is your first or have you been dealing with this awhile? Unless you have tried everything you can think of I would wait on surgery. It is very intensive and the healing time is long and while I am glad people who had surgery have t had problems since, many many have! Their HS pops up in usually a very similar place or rears its ugly head somewhere for a lot of people I have talked to and both my plastic surgeons agree. In fact they refuse to do my surgeries "down south" because they know it won't heal right, cause a lot of pain, and healing may not happen. The underarms do have a much better chance but please try tumeric or an elimination diet first. Honestly neither worked for me but it's worth a shot! Best of luck and please keep me updated. Wishing you a pain free day!!!

• Posted

They drained it it closed up more fluid came then it bust again on its own just don't know what to do it won't heal this is my first on

• Posted

Hi Lady, sadly most HS abscesses never fully heal and that's where the name comes comes from. Basically it means to continually leak pus. If you are concerned about it (which I am sure you are!!)Please research more. Like I have heard, underarm surgery does have better success rates but I would definitely try an elimination diet for at least two months of no nightshades (like tomatoes and such) possibly paleo, and see if your hs gets worse after sweating or stress.

The choice is 100% yours but this is a great place for information and full of wonderful people going through the same thing as you.

You will mind different things work for different people and some things work for none.

This is what is called an orphan disease because basically not enough study into this. If you are interested also check out the HS institute in Ohio! Please get back to me with any questionssmile wishing you well! J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.