Achilles Anchor Trouble or Not

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a 41 year old female who is 4 months post Achilles Reattachment Surgery from rupturing my tendon playing tennis. I also had Bone Spurs removed. I'm still having pain on the inner side of my foot over the degradable anchor sight. Is this normal? 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tonya ove just seen your post.....in short the answer is yes, it takes time, effort and patience to repair.I was advised it takes a year or so to settle mostly as the areas cut have really bad circulation and are under lots of tension, I've not had the full debridgement but have had bilateral decompression with partial debridgement ( 6 inch lateral cuts through the tissue you describe) and removal of truly colossal spurs in the last 12 months, both ankles occasionally ache on the sides of the calcanium but I spend up to 12 hrs s day on my feet. Keep up the stretches as when they hurt you are releasing the post op scarred tissue and realignimg your bio mechanics. Remember to rest and take it easy on the sports, tennis is really hard on the feet!
  • Posted

Thank You unhappyfeet! I get nervous because this is the first major surgery I have ever had. My body knows I'm in my 40's but my head still thinks I'm in my 20's.. I'm just really conserned with the heel pain I'm still experiencing some days it feels like heel is detatching from the rest of my foot. It hurts pretty bad where 2 of my degradable anchors are. I just need to remember to keep stretching and not to over do it! 
    • Posted

Hi tonya dont be frightened

Ive just posted my full experience on another post, maybe theres some more positve reinorcement or you there, i had very dark days on my rehab, especially when i hurt my first op ankle 2 weeks before my second one ......only 6 months after op1 (moving a washing machine).......i darnt tell my medical team didnt ant a cancellation, just figured i could rehabilitate myself whilst off with op 2, the sides do ache a little even now on both......just try a little ibuleve and keep moving, i take it you are only 1 month into physio, the 1 foot micro movement balances are great, slow walking with one foot in front of the other (heel to toe) brilliant too...take care i doing heel drops on stairs....they are  stupid exercises early on

check out my posting

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/achilles-pain-getting-me-down-will-it-ever-go-away--454038

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.