Achilles debridement

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone , I am 14 days post op from an Achilles debridement and haglunds deformity surgery, I am in a cast , getting stitches out and cast off in 2days time then into a walking boot for 4/6 weeks , my question is I am suffering intense pain in my incision site still , it's like a stabbing pulling feeling ,it's been like this 2days after surgery and isn't letting up , has anyone else had this pain

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

your surgery is in a very delicate place...the more you walk, you can rub inside the cast and iritate the stitches..hugs
    • Posted

Thank you , I was thinking that myself as the cast has been quite loose since my swelling went down 2days after surgery , and I thought maybe it's rubbing

• Posted

I did. It's probably the stitches pulling as the skin tightens at the incision. Getting the stitches out will help but won't completely stop the pain u til your incision heals.

• Posted

Main area of pain is just above the heelbone , and it's a hold your breath kind of pain , stitches come out on 30th Nov , so fingers crossed it will ease a bit after that

• Posted

Yes today is the day , I can't wait to get this thing off , I go into a boot for 4/6 weeks but at least that's removable

• Posted

I am so excited for you...did you graduate to the boot? Hey, I thought a boot was a trunk in the UK?
    • Posted

I'm dying to hear how it went and if the stitches were causing Your pain?!?!

• Posted

Haha , yes it has eased quite q bit since stitches came out, I was put in a boot and set on my way , got to wear it for 6weeks then physio will start
    • Posted

Yes I think they were causing the pain as it has eased quite a bit , I get a real pulling feeling in my scar when walking in boot and an electric shock feeling in the sole of my foot , plus my whole calf muscle is really sore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.