Achilles pull - One year later

Posted , 4 users are following.

45 yrs old...  I pulled my Achilles Tendon playing basketball about one year ago.  It didn't snap, but I could feel a major strain on it between my heel and my calf muscles.  I could barely walk for the next several days, and I waited about 3 weeks before giving in and going to a doctor.  I wore a boot for 3 weeks, and things seemed to be slowly healing.  It is almost one year later, and I'm still no where close to being healed.  Advice please...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brad

I'm sorry to hear your position.

I was told that tendons are the longest n most painful healing process physiotherapy wise.

That in mind, would you say you have been doing your your physiotherapy or if at all?

It's imperative we keep at it for as long as we can .

If you feel you did do you excersises then I suggest you go back to your doctor and have an ultrasound or x ray to see what state your tendon is in. I'm sure it's fixable so keep positive and get to the docs to get it seen to !

I'm fully aware of the financial implications if you have to pay for medical treatment ....hopefully you have that covered. I live in the United Kingdom and here we pay for our treatment monthly out of our salary n all our medical needs are met by the state. It's a marvellous system.

Hope you get better soon and keep at it.

Best of luck!

Nikky

• Posted

Thanks Nikky,...  The doctor really didn't give me much of an exercise plan.  I will hit the internet and find some stretching exercises and see if that helps.  
    • Posted

Hey Brad

That's outrageous! He's failed you....why be a doctor when you aren't committed

Go slow to start . Send me yr email add n I'll send u copies of some good excersises that I have to do.

Nikky

• Posted

Rub comfrey oil into the affected area regularly. It's like a magic potion. Can be brought for £3.85 in the UK. It's amazing stuff. I just started using it so o know it works. Good luck!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.