Aching joints/muscles

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All

I had a full hysterectomy back in June and all went well. Feel great apart from an aching all over in my joints and muscles. I was put on estrogen patches and they help a little but only sometimes. Blood tests show my estrogen levels were very low. Anyone had the same or similar? Any advice welcomed. Am also trying fish oil/flax tabletsĀ 

Thanks x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Deeforlife - I had a life threating reaction to Hysterectomy, in the hospital, at about day 3, I started sweating, like hot flushes, but ten times worse. They had a real problem keeping a vein open, for drip as I was unable to drink enough, to keep up with the outgoing, came very close to having a cutdown to a bigger vein, as I lost most of my small veins, due to dehydration. I still remember them saying to me they were going to bring in the chemotherapy senior nurse, known to be the best vein finder in the hospital, to find a vein, she was marvelous, kindly and very sympathetic, and found a very deep vein that she got a needle into in one try, and finally that one held up.

Nurses came and changed my nightie, and came back again 5-10minutes later and I was lying in a pool of my own perspiration. repeat previous procedure, until Dr arrived and decided I needed to have hormone replacement medication till it stopped. 1500mg of HRT later, very high dosage. My estrogen level went from alot of production to none from my ovaries, and my body took offence. I did eventually step down from the high HRT with the help of my GP DR, from that high level a few mg at a time every few months, lots of different brands, half tablets, fun and games, to evenutally nothing over 3 years. I do sympathise terrible to have a traumatic change of life, wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy.

• Posted

Hi Lynn, sorry to read about your bad experiences. I feel sorry too about me asking about complications you faced in my previous post to you. I knew now that you have your ovaries preserved but wondering why it failed to produce estrogen while you recuperating at hospital. Are you now on hrt? Did Doctor explain why your ovaries failed to produce estrogen after TAH? Mind share which stage cancer you were In your biopsy report? I am given the impression by my onco gynae that no chermo or radiation treatment is required if it is early stage cancer. Apology for asking so many questions as I can't sleep as the feeling of fear for my op next week is stressing me up.
    • Posted

Sue - I lost my ovaries in the surgery, sorry maybe I did not make that clear. No longer on HRT, I was able to steop down very slowly over about 2 years with my local Dr's help, so didn't have to bad a reaction to the reducing hormones.

My D & C came back as carcinoma in situ, and they couldn't find the cancer in the wall of the womb, although they said their were some spots that looked suspicious, but they came back pre-cancerous, so they said it may have only been in the retained endometial tissue, or I may have shed most duing the massive heamorage a week previous, my lymph nodes also came back clear, so no chemo needed.

I have since had a couple of bowel investigations, and they also find not normal tissue, they have taken samples, but none of them come back as cancer thank goodness.

I do suffer from auto immimune arthritis, and have porasis on my skin, but I come back negative for that as well when they test genetic me.

I take methrotrextrate to keep my severe immflamation under control, see a rheumotologist for my joints, had to have a double hip replacement, and the next issue that has been identified, is the immflamation has attacked my lower spine, so have pain from there, but reluctant to have surgery until the pain becomes totally intractable, but as you are probably already aware the immflamtion is right through your body, the skin prorasis is only what shows on the surface.

• Posted

Ouch Lynn, sorry to hear these much complications you suffered.

I read that hystecertomy could cause pelvis prolapse could lead or pushes lower spine down. This is why many suffers back pain, joint pain and or inflammation (oops!!! I guess I read too much).

Anyway, hope you get well soon..

• Posted

Hiya

I had a hysterectomy and removal of ovarie back in July, I was put on Premarin low dose on day 3 this made me very am original and angry they increased the dose and seem stable x I had lot of pain in left side of belly button so eventually took me back in yesterday to do keyhole this time to investigate he removed some adhesions but after I came round he advised there are a lot more and said he would have to go back in doing open surgery with a vertical cut, this worrying me as have not been back to work since July since open hysterectomy x he advised me to think about it and speak about it on my six week check, I can't go on with the pain do I bite the bullet and get it done? Just the vertical cut stressing me, Nic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.