Achy all over?????

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Sjogrns over a year ago and have had most of my dryness under control. What I am frustrated with the most is the a achy part. It's like I have the Flu.

Anyone else have this and how do you manage it?

Thank You

N

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Drugs, that's how I manage it! Around the clock I alternate high doses of Tylenol & ibuprofen, and when that doesn't cut it I use my ultra/tramadol.

I'm thrilled for you that you've got the dryness under control as otherwise it can be pretty miserable. Some folks on here swear by various and sundry diets. If no one pops up on that soon you can start another discussion, asking specifically for diet suggestions for the all-out achiness. No matter the diet, it's vital to get as much exercise as you can whenever possible.

This s is a good site.

• Posted

how did you get BETTER MYNOSE MOUTHYES  ID GIVEEVERYTHING I OWN TO GET MY NOSE NOT TO BLOCK
  • Posted

Hello... I was recently diagnosed. Just suffered with dry and dry mouth..then I woke up one morning and my hands were painful and swollen, now like you say feels like I have flu..I just take painkillers regularly..
  • Posted

I will be the token "diet" person, ha ha. Sometimes I honestly don't want to say anything because I keep repeating the same thing, but then I remember how I felt a few years ago and how grateful I am that I found some information about diets. I too suffered from achy joints and was beginning to show signs of RA with medications as the only option. Luckily, through the internet, books and word of mouth I found my way to something similar to the paleo diet, which means that I took out sugars, dairy, corn, wheat and soy from my diet. I kid you not, within a couple of weeks at the most, my joint pain was gone as well as all other joint aches I thought were just part of aging. I won't get into the science of this, but just wanted you to know that it is an option. You can either do research yourself, or find a naturopath who can help you navigate through this information. Traditional doctors are not educated in the area of diet and how it can help or hinder your health. If you have any questions, I will be happy to help as much as I can smile

• Posted

I have been reading this...wow YES. I would agree.

Where do you start? It seems so overwhelming?

• Posted

The best and easiest route would be to find a good naturopath. If possible, try to find reviews online for the naturopath to see if other patients have been satisfied with their service. My naturopath recommended testing me for various things, such as heavy metals, vitamin levels, mineral levels, parasites, and Thyroid to name a few. This will be based on your current symptoms and your history. If this route is not an option, then books are your next best bet. I can recommend a few good ones, but I think you need to send me a private email because my message might be deleted if I post the names of the books. I started with books, and just followed step by step. It's a bit of reading, but the treatment is just the cost of the book if you are willing to do the work. The best part is there are no side effects and you are not just treating the symptoms, you are treating the source of your illness. This means you stand a good chance of actually getting much better. By the time you read your books, you will understand why and how. There is also a lot of research happening right now for medications for autoimmune diseases, but these are still aimed at targeting the symptoms. The newer medications may have fewer side effects, but they are still in animal testing stages. If you are already using medications, make sure to work with your doctor and let him know your plan and your doctor should be able to work with you and eventually you may not need the meds anymore. Also if you have any permanent damage to your thyroid, you may still need medication. In any case knowing what foods to avoid will give your body a rest and knowing what foods to eat to help your body perform better will definitely help you in your road to recovery. If you can eat clean for 3-6 months, I believe is typical for most people to heal the stomach lining-- after that, still be careful with diet, but you may be able to reintroduce old foods back into the diet with moderation and you will feel much better. I'm not symptom free 100% (still have mild dry eyes and mouth) but I'm also not strict with my diet. I noticed that my symptoms do fluctuate with my eating pattern, particularly sugar, dairy and wheat for me. It's definitely a learning process.

• Posted

i was precribed plaquenil and steroids ....steroid injection to start then oral tabs for a couple of weeks and plaquenil for about 5 months. when my saliva returned to normal i stopped the plaq. my knuckles and wrists and knees still give me trouble but not enough to warrant meds (in my opinion)

​I do get tired when i get home ffrom work (fall asleep watching telly and in bed by 9.30)but then again i get up at 5 a.m and am at work by 7.45 and home by 4.45 (desk job) and put my tiredness to that.

​I have noticed that when i dont exxercise my tiredness gets worse so the key for me is excercise in spite of aches

• Posted

You may have fibromyalgia as well.  Your doctor should just do physical tests to determine this.  I haven't found anything the helps except 1/2 tablet daily of Norco.  If I don't take this I begin to ache all over, and feel sick.  I hope you can get some help as this is very hard to live with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.