Acid Reflux/Heartburn

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys, I am a 22 year old male. Along with my other issues I also suffer from the above. My endoscopy showed (Mild G1 reflux oesophagitis and minor duodenitis. Some bile reflux in stomach). I am currently taking Esomeprazole 40mg per day which I believe is not helping. Everyone has said how my voice sounds much deeper and different then before, and the top of my throat is always itching. My teeth feel really bad, I know over time Acid can make them really bad. I have had several appointments cancelled by the Gastroentrologist at my local hopsital and I am due to see him in September. I have tried all remedies etc but nothing seems to help. 

Any advice on what I should do, several people have said I should go private but I am clueless. 

Thanks smile

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How worse are you if you stop taking the omeprasole? 

What is your diet like ? 

Are you under a stressful time ? 

I stoped taking this med went against doctors advice still got full pack from 4 months ago.

i changed my diet alittle no hot spiced food 

I looked into natural remedies got pinenut oil capsuals twice a day and milk thistle drops once a day .

chew gum siliver caused by it helps look into foods posted on net that are good for reflux .

remove anything that causes stress in your life .

this has helped me it took 3weeks to start feeling better after this drug but it's working fine for 4 months now  with no reflux  hope this helps you but were all different but it's worth a try .

regards Trev.

• Posted

Hello there,

The overall cause of acid reflux or Gerd is intra-abdominal pressure.The increase in pressure will cause acid reflux, however other issues that will contribute includes, overweight. i am not overweight yet i suffer from bad reflux, pregnancy, lying down after having a large meal and certain acidic foods trigger reflux or heartburn.

If you want acid reflux rapid relief, you must address these root causes.

you know the saying everything starts in the gut or something.

Natural diet includes, ginger, aloe vera juice, organic chicken or turkey, parsley and fennel.I find the first 2 very effective for me.

Natural remedy includes apple cider vinegar in warm water with honey before breakfast,probiotics.

Foods to avoid, chocolaes, tomatoes, alcohol, citrus fruits, refined sugar and carbohydrates.

Chew your food well and relax while you eat.

Eat litlle meals when you feel like eating.

Stress is really the reason for all of this.

You are young and have a life ahead of you so think positive and give it some time. 3months at least and you will see the difference if you follow your Drs order.

I only stated here what worked for me , so it would be wise to seek your GPs advice.

• Posted

What if u have the hernia which is suppose to add to reflux, will this work. Do you have a hernia
    • Posted

hi

Unsure whether i have hernia or not. I can only speak for my symptoms which are burping, Globus and occasional cramping.

I felt relieved by taking the natural way and felt that I am asymptomatic when I try not to worry that much.

morning ACV with honey in water before meals helped me get to the day while ginger tea  which i just made myself .grated ginger and warm water lessens bloating for me.

• Posted

I am going to try the ginger, I do the acv every morning in warm water. The dr. Also told me to put extra virgin olive as a mixture with the acv. I haven't tried it yet. My symptoms are burping, mucus in the throat and globus. So depressing. Last month I stopped burping, thought I was getting better, but the burping us back
  • Posted

I have grade 1 esophagitis also. With one abnormal site in my stomach. I am waiting on results. Did my endoscopy on tuesday.I find myself clearing my throat all the time. The meds aren't helping. I'm getting worse. Mucus in my throat all day. This is so depressing
  • Posted

HERE IS HOW TO GET RID OF ACID REFLUX: I have been suffering from acid reflux for so long, and all you need to do is consume one altoid (wintergreen) as soon as you wake up. it is magic. Please try it, I want to see all of you able to wake up early and not feel like crap. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.