Acid reflux weird symptoms?

Posted , 6 users are following.

About two months ago one day my throat gradually feeling tight and feel nausea with a lump feeling in my throat near the adams apple area, after a few trip of acupunture the nausea feeling seems like went away and also the lump too, however my throat start to have a pain that I have never experience before and I didn't go see a doctor because I thought its an anxiety problem, until ten days ago I went to doctor and start taking some PPI and the first day when I start the medicine the throat pain and throat tightness have totally gone, but few days later my throat tightness have came back. Also, sometimes I feel very tired and dizzy, I am very worry if I am feeling weaker because of other disease. Have anyone here had the similar symptoms as me? Please help with experience!

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi ken, yes i can identify with you, ive had 11 weeks of hell with loads of random symptoms. I too have that feeling of a lump in my throat around that area  and a member on here who is really clued up on this seems to think its a Cricopharyngeal spasm, im due to go to the doctors today so im gona mention that. I too have been very lightheaded, had muscle spasms, pressure in head, sore eye, blocked ear, the list is endless. All doctors put it down to anxiety, but ive never suffered from this before. I had an endscopy last week where gastritis was diagnosed, but surely it cant cause all these symptoms, im really upset and confused bout it all so youre not alone.  colleen
    • Posted

How long have you had it for?

I am still on ppi treatment, i am actually planning to do a barium swallow soon, hopefully nothing is wrong.

I am thinking to start doing some cardio exercise soon to lower my body fat to see if that help.

• Posted

Do you have that lump symptom constantly like for the whole day?

• Posted

I've got a theory about what causes the lump in the throat feeling based on first hand experience. When I had it I noticed that the glands in my throat were also swollen, so surmissed that the lump in the throat may be a swollen gland, so googled a natural fix for swollen glands. Turns out apple cider vinegar works great. The sites I visited said to take a teaspoon full 3 times a day and the glands should be normal after 3 or 4 days and so it turned out to be. Don't know if this was a coincidence or not, but the lump in the throat feeling disapeared along the swollen glands. May be worth a try.
    • Posted

Your ENT symptoms could all be related to extra-oesophageal reflux.

Visit www DownWithAcid org uk and scroll down the contents (home) page to find the chapter on "otorhinolaryngological" in the "Other Related Conditions" section.

• Posted

This is my 12th week ken, no the lump thing comes and goes
    • Posted

Are you on any medication?

Don't worry, I am sure we all will get better soon. I think mine was triggered by anxiety,

What about you? Do you remember how did it all started

• Posted

Im on lansaprozole 30mg twice a day for the next 6 weeks, im also on a nasla spray and anti histamine, yday my bloods also showed my vitamin b12 is low so now been put on tablets for that. I started bringing up mucus went to doc and he said chest infection so gave me steroids and antibiotics and a week later a had a sore pain at breastbone and he thought reflux.
    • Posted

In the 2014 survey, 35% of those with reflux reported nasal congestion.

See the chapter on extra-oesophageal reflux on www DownWithAcid org uk

• Posted

Ken i have a blocked ear and have done for weeks, so he put me on a nasl spray and thinks its my tube
  • Posted

From a survey conducted in 2014 of 100 reflux sufferers, 50% of them experienced the 'lump in the throat' feeling, known as Globus.

As Colleen73 suggested, it is a tightening of the cricopharyngeal muscle in an attempt to prevent extra-oesophageal reflux.

Read mor on the www DownWithAcid org uk site by scrolling down the contents (home) page to find Extra-Oesophageal Reflux listed in the Reflux section.

• Posted

Hi Ken, Colleen, Mick

I have had the painful lump in the throat feeling for over 6 months now, just been to ENT and had the fibre/camera in the nose to see what the problem is and have been told Oesophageal Reflux. Also had an Endoscopy a few years back and have a Hiatal Hernia so it all seems to be connected. No medication has been prescribed just told what not to eat and drink. I also get aches and pains in my joints and headaches, dizziness and fatigue. Have found a product called Toxaprevent which states it will help/cure these problems but unsure at present until I speak to someone who has tried this. Lump in the throat is with me nearly all of the time and does make you feel a bit down sometimes. At least I don't appear to be suffering on my own. Hopefully we will all feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.