Acupuncture....thoughts and opinions

Posted , 5 users are following.

Afternoon all!! Me again 🙈

Continuing my search for a PF fix

Has anyone tried acupuncture? What do we think?!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I tried it twice. You can expect about 24 hours of improvement in the pain.

It is not a cure. It should help with the pain for a day or less. TENS unit does as much good through a similar mechanism and you can do it multiple times a day.

• Posted

My PF was diagnosed very quickly and I was able to alleviate the extreme pain within 2 weeks through a combination of cushioned shoes (Crocs and Brooks Adrenaline - 24/7), lots and lots of gentle stretching as well as acupuncture. I believe acupuncture was a very integral part of the management of my PF. I highly recommend. Keep in mind, acupuncture is a cumulative treatment so, you'll want to go 2x per week then, gradually, reduce frequency. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Emily yes I've tryed accupuncture I found that all it did was irritate  them made them more inflamed for a couple of days then back to how they are all the time.. It works for some people though so I suppose you have to give it a go to no if it works for you. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.