Acute onset of Extreme muscle tension/Tightn semi-numbness, stiff knees and hands 2years 3months ago

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been through 3 hospitals, (Duke) being the last one. I've seen the top (6) Neurologist, a "name" Rheumatoid Dr, Oncologist, Lumbar Neuro, Special Disease & a Chiropractor. Duke said to go to the Mayo clinic; I haven't gone there due to expense of hotels and food for an unknown time of stay. I'm diabetic so of course everyone wants to suggest that may be the cause. I know diabetic amputees that never had my condition.I've never known nor heard of anyone with this mess, nor have any of the Doctors I've seen. ** I DID have a Lawyer that specializes in Flu Shot Injury - tell ME exactly (100% spot-on) how I feel, but I can't accurately describe how I feel. NONE of the Dr's ever had a patient with my symptoms. ALL MRI's, many many blood test, ( any type test you can think of) have ALL been "unremarkable". I am extremely thankful, but need a DIAGNOSIS. I'm adopted and don't have a bit of knowledge of family history. ** 26 days after a combination FLU Vaccine, Pneumonia Vaccine, and Prednisone shot that were ALL given together, my exact left side was overwhelmed in 6 hours. My right side didn't "blow out" until the 14th day after my left side "blew out" in about 7 hours. ** My feet were the last part to be affected. My muscles are extremely stiff and feel "contracted 24/7". I take Oxycodone (75mg per day** I had been prescribed for severe radiculopathy in January of 2013. Therefore I'd taken the Oxycodone 26 months before the attack. Every Doctor is mystified and some have said they'd NEVER seen a patient as thoroughly tested as I.

Today, (February 13th,2017, I read that in RARE cases, Oxycodone can cause extreme Muscle Stiffness.

*** My torso and rib cages feel as if I'm in a "freeze" position in the middle of a sit-up exercise. My Torso (all the way around to my back and half way down the buttocks) is severely stiff. My Hips and front thighs (Quads), and entire arms are so tight I can barely walk upon waking. After about 3-4 hours I can move better. I work (by phone) with Disabled Medicare folks. That has made me appreciate the fact some suffer far more than I.

** The fact that I can't get a diagnosis along with the fact that no Dr will treat me with Prednisone due to my Diabetes is maddening. I have the symptoms of Poly rheumatica except far more of my body is involved than the descriptions I read. An analogy would be an ER Doctor refusing to repair a broken leg becasue infection might result. Doctors don't understand that I am a prisoner in my own body and have to fight extremely hard to stay off the pity pot. I can take large amounts of insulin to counter the disruption of blood sugar if I found an empathetic Dr willing to treat me. At the least, I would either get relief or help pinpoint some things if they treated me. Every family member is severly affected becasue no one can help and I can't play with the grand kids physically without great pain. Mentally I'm just "out there somewhere", often in some very bad places.

**I've lost NO strength. Before the rapid onset of this, I had absolutely no symptoms of Neuropathy. I felt great for a 65 year old.

There's much more I could say. The most delicate body parts went almost completely numb overnight and have remained that way. The tightness/stiffness is the major problem, though sensory loss is not fun. My guess is that the intensity is about double the feeling at acute onset 11/26/2014.

Does anyone have a clue what this could be?? Has anyone out there experienced extreme stiffness from Oxycodone?? I can quit taking the durg, but it lowers the pain/discomfort scale from 10 to maybe 7 or 8. It takes the "edge" off enough to function. Any insights are highly valued. ** ps - My pain is very very dull, but is overbearing. Its as if I have a "pressure" in my body at all times. My legs, from the knees to the feet are by far the least affected part of my body. * My throat often feels very tight and my ears feel like plastic.

I was diagnosed with Small fiber Neuropathy 2 years ago but the Neurologist said "in NO way" would it cause my symptoms. January 2017, another Neurologist performed his 2nd Nerve Conduction. He did the first one 24 months earlier. He said I have large fiber involvment now as opposed to none in December 2014.

My work is by phone and is 100% with people that have qualified for Disability and Medicare. I talk to Diabetics every single day. Some have had horrendous things happen due to the condition, but NONE can relate to my condition. I "know in my heart" that the Vaccines tripped something in my body, but NONE of the many Neurologist or other Doctors even 'fake" the thought ththat maybe...just maybe, I'm that 1 out of 200,000 that had a severe reaction.

Oh well, it's 12:35am and should stop writing. Thank you for reading. Between constant Prayer and publicizing this, I feel I've doen a good thing by posting.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Oh my you are really up against lt. I am so sorry you are facing such difficulties. I don't know how to help you but I wanted you to know you have my best wishes and I am adding a hug also. 🍀🌺🌼🌻🌹🥀💐🌷

• Posted

Floyd idk what help I can be to u but what state do u live in, have u ever been to the Mayo Clinic they tend to be able to help ppl like us ppl the doctors say it's all in your head or they're making it up, I haven't been there because I can't afford to go however so many ppl with the same disease I have have been diagnosed and treated there I recently had one doctor, Pathan who diagnosed me with myesthenia and now I am goin to Birmingham to try and find a doctor who is copetent enough to make an

official diagnosis on the 19th, hopefully there is a Mayo Clinic near u but if not do a lot more Research that's all I can honestly say I hope this helps u

• Posted

It seems they like to do that jane, it's all in your head! what happened to 'first do no harm'?

• Posted

I have had tingling and some numbness in my hands feet ankles elbows with occasional red spots under skin not above skin then the spots woudl disappear in 2 hours. Now some back pain shooting down my leg now it has subsised but will come back. 

All my labs came back very good. (they always do). I think this is nerve damage after all my research. I believe a Chiroprator is the nest step. I have been healthy my whole life this is all of a sudden. I'm 61. 

Figuring it out is so difficult. 

• Posted

I forgot to add that I am itching and some times pain rush to my finger tips and toes. Getting answers is the bniggest hurdle rigjht now. 
    • Posted

William Has anyone mentioned the possibility of urticaria and /or reactions to drugs or foodstuffs?
  • Posted

I am sorry you are going through all of this have you ever been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia at alll Or lupus or Rhematory arthritis because they can cause stiffness in your joints and I have Diabetes that I found out last year after experiencing numbness and burning in my feet I went thru so many test they blamed my back I went through hell until finally I found a new neurologist who care enough about what I was going through he did the blood test and found out I have Type 2 diabetes and they put me on metformin and so I suffered for 4 years of pain in my feet before they found out why my feet are numb and burn and have shooting pain in them .

I am currently having marker test for lupus and Rhematory arthritis because my joints in my hands are swelling and cracking and painful and my ankles are becoming stiff and painful . I get pain in my ribs all the time due to the fibromyalgia so I would suggest that you keep on fighting and looking for a doctor that cares what you going through but to be honest all my problems began after I had my right hip replaced and it dislocated three time and then my health went down hill so please keep being your own Advocate and stand up to those doctors who keep just passing you to doctor to doctor it's your right

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.