Acute pancreatitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was happy to fnd this site. So little information available.Thank you all!

I am in the US and have expereinced same treatments etc as in UK.

Physicians seem mystified if you do not fall into their diagnoses category. 

I was in hospital 7 days and ultmately it was decided a virus or a growth! Thankfully no growth.

I have been home a month have good days and bad ones, no problem walking upright though some days I feel like I had abdominal surgery.

Heating pad helps, and better for the body than medication.

I see a gastroenterologists this week-its important to get follow up to see how the Pancreatic enzymes are doing, thats the only way to know if healing is there.

I commiserate with all who have suffered, its one of the most painful diagnoses there is.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Suewad,

I had a similar experience myself last January. As long as I avoid alcohol and fatty foods I manage to avoid extreme pain due to pancreatitis. If you like your food and wine it's difficult but you get used to it in time. Good luck and good health to you.

Pete.

• Posted

I also live in the US and have been monitored through MRIs since being diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis.  I asked about enzyme testing but that hasn't been authorized because the symptoms have subsided slightly (taking Creon and eating low fat meals). I think if my symptoms worsen, such as weight loss, the GI doc will begin blood work again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.