Acute pancreatitis diet help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis a month ago after a 3day stay in hospital

My question is I can happily do a healthy diet all day and watch the fat in all my food

But

What about the rare occasion my family wants a takeaway ! Or birthday party's can I have a piece of birthday cake!

I'm scared with everything I put in my mouth, how strict do I have to be?

Any help appreciated (I don't drink alcohol anyway never been s fan)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mercedes !

I was also diagnosed with acute pancreatitis five months ago. It's not easy to follow the strict diet necessary, but I think it's important to do so. You get used to it after a while and anything is preferable to pain ! Fatty foods like chips are definitely out. Just eat your favourite fruit instead. I have lost a lot of weight recently and now I'm concerned that if it continues I will lose too much. I tried dieting for years and didn't succeed. Now the weight is falling off me! Don't drink alchol ever no matter what the occasion. So, good luck and good health and you will be fine!

• Posted

I take at least 18x2500 Creon and touch wood able to eat anything, everyone differs though
  • Posted

Creon??
    • Posted

Hi Mercedes. 

Creon is a digestive enzyme which is  prescribed for patients with pancreatitis. It replaces the digestive stuff which the pancreas makes and thereby reduces the pain and discomfort associated with Acute and Chronic pancreatitis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.