Addiction help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have been taking 30 mg colcodmol, tramadol and inflammatory painkiller for quite a few months, I have a addiction, and on average between 30-40 tablets a day. I also have a cocaine addiction for 13 years which has got to the stage that my nose has collasped and in need of a op, what is the best help before its to late?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Can't help with the cocaine situation but for your codiene addiction you really have to have the will power to just stop completely, trying to cut down gradually ends up in most cases of a relapse, the restlessness and aches I would say are the most severe parts of the withdrawal, I tried many times but just over a week ago now I stopped completely I spoke with my gp and explained that I've tried so many times and that it's the restlessness and aches that were always to blame for me giving in a going back to the tablets, she prescribed me 750mg methacarbymol 2 four times a day which have practically taken the aches n restlessness away completely, although u still have the sickness feeling and other side effects but they are manageable if u put ur mind to it, good luck and I hope this advice can help you, I'm just over my 1St week and I really am feeling more like my old self.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, n well done for doing the week as that will be the hardest, today is first day clean from the tablets n whole body aches, either feeling sick or being sick and very snappy, hopefully these will pass soon xx
    • Posted

Hi Kay, I am doing the tapering affect. I was taking alot of co-codamol at one stage in my life and am now on a lot less does. Last week i decided i needed to take action and stop so have devised myself a tapering plan. I have done cold turkey before when i have fallen ill with the flu i have taken advantage of the fact i feel like total crap and cant keep nothing down and gone for it only to relapse a few months later. I feel it is what suits you as a person, how determined you are, what frame of mind your in at any given moment and how we react to certain situation. Im thinking its all about retraining my mind. I dont necessarily agree with James. I think you deciding how to give up, when and how you are going to do it will be totally diiferent to how i or James do it. 

Make a plan, stick to it, dont beat yourself up too much if you have a slip but remember every day is a new day a you can restart and remember why you are doing this, Thats how i paln to move forward.

Hope its all going ok?

Im week 1 of tapering a feel good.

Fingers crossed for us all x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.