Addison's and spinal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please can anyone help me I have been going threw my own private hell now for years . I was told I had lower spinal lower and cervical . I was unable to move without medication. And still couldn't leave my house . I had so many weird symptoms I thought I was going crazy ....... or have gone now . I saw a new GP and guess what I have Adddison's Disease . I have asked for my readings for cortisone and can't seem to get any . I have been on hydro and fludro steroids and was up until three weeks ago taking OxyContin . Now I have been put oramorph as I tried  to take my life three weeks ago . I wanted to ask does anyone else suffer from savour pain , have spinal issuses and been on OxyContin  . 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Tracy,

I'm so very sorry you're going through so much. Hopefully, finding that you have Addison's Disease and starting the proper medications will help you feel better. It may take a while to get the proper doses of the hydrocortisone as most people have to adjust their dosages and intervals a few times to find the perfect mix. I hope you're able to find that quickly.

I also have adrenal insufficiency and have learned it can cause many problems, including pain. However, if after treatment for your Addison's, your spinal pain has not improved, I would ask for additional testing and help from your GP as you may have something else causing this pain. I have a lot of pain down my spine but mine is caused by sarcoidosis and not my adrenal problems.

While Addison's can cause many serious problems, be careful to not assume everything is related to your Addison's. It can be such a fine line.

Please be sure you're wearing a medical alert bracelet that states you have adrenal insufficiency and are steroid dependent. It is critical should there ever be an emergency.

Are you by chance in Facebook? If so, there are amazing support groups there ... do a search on Addison's disease. 🙂

Best of luck,

Deb

• Posted

Hi debie I have been taking 20 mg hydro and half a tablet of fludro a day and I am screaming in pain with my spinal problems , lady problems and hurendous pain inside my bum . I have pain all over my body and it's driving me insane . I have been trying to get help and it's hopeless . I've just come out of hospital tonight , doc sent me in , in an ambulance high risk , I didn't care just needed help . They don't listen , they did bloods and gave me a row for making to much noise crying !!!!! And sent mr home . Baring in mind I tried to kill myself a couple of weeks earlier because of the pain . So what do I do . I'm going nuts in pain . No one believes me they just blame it on my meds . A actually am in the same pain I had when I got diagnosed with problems with my lumber spine and coxis the bone on top of my bum radiates pain threw me and I can't tell anyone what that is doing to my lady parts and inside my bottom with my piles I have had treatment on grade 4 twice and I can't stand pain inside myself aswel as spine . I have begged for help . I get ignored and laughed at in hospital , told to stop making that noise , I have to apologise for crying and making what I've been laughed at because I sound like I'm having sex , but is agony . No one to turn to . Desperately need some action taken to see what is driving me insane . But I get told , I think I'm in pain , but I'm not . How do I cope with that from Carmarthen hospital .

• Posted

Right now you probably just really want to find someone with the same symptoms as you. Sorry but i don't share your symptoms. What country are you in?

• Posted

kezzaman , I have had a lot of treatment on my lady parts in surgery and had 2lots of treatment inside my bottom . I have had c5c6 and cage in neck , I don't know how to describe what on earth is happening from my front passage to the back inside  my body . I have read lots of stories in the past with regards to spinal issues . No 2 are the same , I really think I have MS aswel , hope to god I haven't but can't move off the Sofia or leave the house it is that bed , I am taking extra morphine and want to pass away with this hell . I told the hospital I have burning all down my neck ,back , legs ,  pins and needles  , muscle pains in my legs , the list is hell . I would go into rehab but I can't with the hell im having now , the same hell befor I had meds . I wish someone would say Tracy we have cheacked you over NOW , not looking at MRI's from 2 years ago ,because I fell , went to hospital with agony swollen feet and told not to worry and sent home , Carmarthen treat me like a joke . I have a growth on my foot , they think it's harmless , it laying across an artery ,can't wear shoes anymore  and told yeah it's fine , I am waiting for it to be removed . My life feels like it's over , I hurt to much and not sure what is causing spine or what , I can't take it .ive taken 30 mg instant oxynorm on top of oramorph and pain patch , gabapentin . Had enough can take it sooooo hurendous this is and I sleep with exhaustion after crying begging god , GP , hospital to help me and no one can , they say I have appointment s coming up so I'm fine . What the f...k am I supposed to do in the mean time . I could take H......g to get rid of this . I was taking OxyContin for 3years ( hill Billy's heroine )  . I am desperate and have no help only social worker . I see once a fortnight .. sorry if this post has been to much stress x

• Posted

I sometimes get pain inside my bum, it would happen right after id finished on the toilet, i would get this pain and also i would feel like i still needed to go to the toilet but i had just finished. It could be very painful sometimes, i would usually walk around or lay on my front for 5-10 minutes and it would go away. Never had that problem while i was on steroids. If i was you id ask my doctor if i could take a higher dose of steroids and maybe switch to prednisolone because its stronger per mg, i might be wrong but i thing 20mg of hydro is equal to 6mg of pred... Maybe try 30mg of pred for 2 weeks but be warned that high of a dose has side effects, it will make u eat loads of food, that might be 2 high, definitley ask your doctor about it though. <3

• Posted

I was diagnosed with Addisons about 2 years ago and all I've ever been proscribed is hydrocortisone and has worked fine for me. Is there something that will happen in the future that I don't know about?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.