adrenaline gland tumors

Posted , 2 users are following.

Could some one tell me tere symptoms before they were diagnosed with adrenaline tumor please x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My daughter has had adrenal tumours and from what I can remember the symptoms included

Hypertension (severely) and then vomiting

Low mood

No energy

Severe migraines

Dizzy when standing

This is just to name a few but pheochromocytoma is very hard to live with and even harder to diagnose!

• Posted

sorry your daughter suffering could you tell me how long it took for her to get a diagnosis and how she found out what tests did they do  xx
    • Posted

Hi.. I'm afraid it wasn't as simple as doing tests for a diagnosis.

She has symptoms for approx 3 years but were put down to panic attacks. Trying to cut a long story short she became very unwell one day, weak/hot/ lightheaded.. then vomiting/ chest pain and palpitations. By the end she could hardly breath and consequently because she was so hypertensive. she was tachycardic (HR 170) and hypertensive (180/110) and was peripherally shut down and clammy. They found a 7cm tumour in left adrenal, then after numerous tests found another in her right adrenal consequently had bilateral pheochromocytoma.

Any other questions you have I will try to answer

Kerry

• Posted

Hi Keryy

​your poor daughter bless her . to have to on likke that for 3 year ,,I was told by the gp it was just anxiety as well, I dontt know what the bloods will show as far as I know ots just for my adrenaline levels I dont think that is going to do me any good.I think I need a scan of my kidneys thanks for your help kerry xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.