Adult inutssusception

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello anyone with this condition please make contact.

Any one with a gangrene related intussuception?

How did your symptoms begin?

What procedures did you have?

Make contact.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have one that causes severe constipation I have just come out of hospital with it after the worst pain ever. Now my bowel feels so sore & painful 
    • Posted

Just seen you posting debbie.

New Year Greetings to you.

You said you had just come out of hospital.

Did you havve a suregery?

Best wishes,

Sandra

• Posted

Sandra2468,  In my doctors report she stated "There is a posterior invagination of the more superior rectum into the lower rectum with appearance suggesting intussusception"   My problem is I cannot have a bowel movement withoout wearing a rubber glove and physically removing the feces myself.  Can anything be done about this?  I am getting worse and I am not getting the condition explained well
    • Posted

Hi, i have an intersuseption for around 3 years i had a proctogram thats how they found the problem, i have an appointment wednesday hope to find out what is going to be done to manage the problem
    • Posted

Hi Ella,  Thanks for your commet.  Can you tell me what a proctogram is?
    • Posted

Hi proctograme is an x-Ray ,which enables them to see the structures in the lower abdomen,and the way they move when you attempt to empty your bowl how long have you been having problems ?
    • Posted

I had the exray (proctogram)  It was unsuccessful because I lost the barium when I sat on the toiletlike structure.  I went to Cleveland Clinic and saw a colon rectal surgeon.  I wasn't really happy with the Dr. because she seemed to give up on me because of the failed test..  Since then I read that an MRI could also be given.  The only thing she did was to give me and enama device to use everyday.  She did not schedule andother appointment  with me.  I the mean time I am getting worse.  I have had this problem for about 6 years.
  • Posted

I had back surgery about 6 years ago.  Ever since then I have had a problem with my bowels.  At first i was constipated.  It was reccommended that i take senacot.  Two a day.  This has helped me along with metamucil and plentyof water.  But I still cannot go to the bathroom without removing it manually with a glove.  I spend alot of time in the bathroom bedause I feel like I have to go all the time.  I am checking in to seeing another Dr.  In Pitts.  I will try and see a colo-rectal surgeon.
    • Posted

Hello Kathy,

Sorry for late reply.

Has anyone offered you irrigation.

What did the colorectal surgeon advise?

Just wondering if a rectal surgery is on the cards.

Best wishes

Sandra

• Posted

Hi Sandra,

I haven't been on the site for a long time, but am back here looking for more answers. 

I have multiple problems which started 5 years ago,when I felt my bowel was prolapsing. On investigations it was discovered that I had divertivula disease, IBS, a very weak anal sphincter, an intussusception, vaginal vault prolapse and rectocele. I had suffered from incontinence on & off for years but had self treated with loperamide. Like everyone else on here, had terrible accidents all over the place, and had to take spare underwear with me.

The vaginal vault prolapse and rectocele were repaired, but for some reason they didn't do anything about the intussusception. After a year of tibial nerve stimulation,anal plugs (which fell out) and irrigation twice a day they implanted a neurostimulator, and things improved. That was 18 months ago, but I still have leakage, and the constant feeling that something is falling out of my bottom which is being caused by the intussusception. My original surgeon refused to do anything about it so I got a second opinion and he was more positive until he got the results of the CT scan, and on Monday he told me it was very very risky surgery because of the leads in my sacrum. So I now have to make decisions. Do I live with what I have, which is affecting my day to day life dreadfully, or do I have the stimulator removed, and see what happens. The surgeon has left the choice to me.

Yesterday I switched the stimulator off, and I'm not having a good day, but I don't know if its due to the prolapse or the lackof stimulation.

A warning too to anyone considering SNS. It has caused dreadful problems as far as getting MRI scans is concerned. I needed on for my head (which is allowed) but had to phone 5 hospitals before I could find one that had the right euipment to do it.

• Posted

Gillian,

Just seen your message.

What surgery does your second opinion doctor propose?

Sandra

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.