advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I was diagnosed with r&r MS in July 2015. Initially itmy symptoms started with facial numbness then I developed optic neuritis. I am waiting to start meds next week.

The query is...two weeks ago j had the flu vaccination and I've had flu symptoms for ova a week now, left sided facial numbness has returned with a vengeance, even the left side of my tongue is completely numb??

I just wondered if anyone has similar symptoms, as I am stressing the numbness may stay??

Thanks

Jo ☺

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I have the flu vaccination regularly. My MS dx was not official til April 2015. I'd recommend speaking with your dr about this because MS is different for everyone.
    • Posted

You're welcome. This is a strange journey we're on but it helps to talk to others to have an idea before you talj to drs. Not all of them are as forthcoming with the answers you need. I worked with or for most of the drs I see so they don't feed me bs answers and the ones that do are booted.
  • Posted

Hi Jo,

my my numbness in my hand and foot stayed for me but my face was numb on right side but it came back.  My neurologist stated sometimes the symptoms will reverse but not always. Sorry for your diagnoses I thought it was kind of neat we were both diagnosed around the same time. I was diagnosed in May 2015.

• Posted

I have new symptoms appearing regularly. Not all problems have stayed thank goodness. How long did it take for you to be diagnosed? What meds are you taking?
    • Posted

Hi Amber,

Thankfully there has been an improvement, most of numbness has disappeared, yay! This is a awful conditioncondition, but just started medication so hoping for less relapses, fingers crossed eh haha.

Good luck, i hope u are well too x

• Posted

Hi Sonia,

It took me a year to be diagnosed, i've just started tecfidera, so fingers crossed. How about you? Are u on meds? x

• Posted

They started me on tecfidera but I couldn't take it. It made me so sick, so now I'm on Copaxone. I can tolerate it so much better. My hope is eventually my vertigo and unbalanced will go away it makes it difficult to drive sometimes. I have had relapses twice since being diagnosed. I wonder how often those are going to happen. I don't like having to go to the hospital for steroid injections.
    • Posted

Ny meds are Avonex, Gabapentin, Tinzanadine and I've been taking something for vertigo as needed for several years.
    • Posted

Hi Amber,

Do u live in the UK? My hospital is pretty dire tbh, i've never been offered steriod injections, just a 5 day course of steroids, even when i've been very unwell.

Hopefully the medication will reduce relapses. I've had 2 since my diagnosis, but only been given meds in the last week. (Long story haha) when did u start and feel sick with tecfidera? I've only taken 4 days, and only slight nausea

• Posted

Hi Sonia,

Are they all for r&r MS? This is all so new to me, scarey. When were u diagnosed?

• Posted

Yes they are all for MS. Pain relievers, muscle relaxers and meclizine for vertigo related to MS.
    • Posted

Hi Jo,

I live in the US, but the steroid injections were the 5 day IV injection. On the Tecfedera it was 3 weeks in that it made me extremely Sick. I thought it would pass but it didn't. I too take flexeril and meclizin for muscle spasms and vertigo. I also take a script of strong vitamin D.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.